Prologue

P-R-O-L-O-G-U-E

P-R-O-L-O-G-U-E

SPOILERS (KINDA?)

"We make a pretty good team, don't we?" Bucky spoke, a small smile on his face as he glanced up at Rowan through his long dark hair.

"Even with Sam, hey?" Rowan questioned, returning his smile, for 5 years, 5 long years, she worked so hard to get everyone she loved back together. Of course, they weren't all back. Steve had taken a different path, and Natasha made a sacrifice.

Bucky let out a gentle chuckle, he was always gentle when it came to Rowan. You see, Rowan and Bucky were two sides of the same coin. Rowan and Bucky, both created by Hydra. Shield saved her, but they didn't save Bucky. Both trained to be weapons for each side of the coin. Perhaps that's why they found themselves drawn to each other. Shared life experience in these situations is rare, maybe that's why they always ended up finding each other . Maybe that's why they are so gentle when it comes to the other. Because they know what the other needs. Peace. Gentleness. Rest.

"Even with Sam." Bucky looked back up at Rowan, a small smirk on his face. "But, don't tell him I said that. It'll just go to his head."

"Oh, yeah. For sure." Rowan chuckled, moving down a couple of steps, to sit beside Bucky on the front porch of the house.

"You know, he wanted you to take the shield. If Sam wouldn't take it. "Bucky spoke, his voice was soft. Softer, than usual.

"No, I need a break. All I ever wanted to be was Captain America, when they brought me up in the facility." Rowan took a breath, looking down at her hands, they were covered in dirt, and bruises, scraps still plastered on her knuckles from the fight earlier, that week. "I grew up reading the comics, I wanted to be Captain America, shield told me that I would be captain America. And than captain America trained me, he was like the older brother I never had. Now I have a chance to live the life Steve didn't have a choice in..."

Bucky looked at Rowan, curious, eyebrow raised at her. He knew what she meant, sure most people want a family, kids, but Bucky always knew what Rowan meant, because it was usually what he was thinking as well. "Peace?"

Rowan perked up, looking at the brunette, nodding her head as her eyes looked back forward to Sam, sitting on a bench with Steve. "Peace."

"