Chapter Ten

Chapter nine8 months after the fall of Hydra & Shield

Chapter nine
8 months after the fall of Hydra & Shield

Rowan stirred the pot of pasta a smile on her face as she grabbed the phone, Steve's face on the other end. "I still can't figure this phone thing out."

Rowan chuckled, often humoured by the elderly man and his antics. "Haven't you fought aliens? And you can't figure the phone out?"

"You and Sam are the only ones who phone me anyways, so I don't have to figure it out." Rowan rolled her eyes at Steve and the sass in his voice. "How's Italy? Finally stopped eating out?"

"I decided, if I'm going to live here it's probably best if I learn how to to cook my own pasta and pizza" Rowan, shrugged, listening to Steve's chuckle on the other need of the phone. "How's your avenging going?"

"Good, so far nothing, but we're getting close. Tony keep harassing me to convince you to come to the lab, Tony and Bruce are interested in your powers." Steve told the girl and she could practically hear him twiddling with his fingers.

"Well, you can tell Stark that I'll expect a hefty cheque, I'm lucky that the government even let me leave the country." Rowan spoke, grabbing her pot of pasta and straining it into the sink. "You could get them excited, tell them that my power comes from Quantum energy. That should hurry the cheque up."

Now Steve was belly laughing, Rowan had a smirk on her face. "Hey, how's our missing persons case going? Sam got anything yet?"

"Kind of, rumour has it that he was spotted in Paris last week. I can't figure out how he would've gotten across the ocean." Steve spoke, obviously deep in thought. "Keep an eye out for him, okay Rowan?"

"Don't worry Steve, I will" Rowan poured the meat sauce on top of the spaghetti. "You watch Star Wars yet?"

"Not yet."

Rowan let out a dramatic, unimpressed groan. "How haven't you see Star Wars yet!"

"I was asleep for seventy years, I've got a lot of catching up to do!" Steve exclaimed back, trying to defend himself. "Hey, I listened to the boss though!"

Rowan stopped dead in her tracks, all of sudden forgetting about Star Wars. "And? What did you think?"

"He was okay, more of a Marvin Gaye fan." Rowans jaw dropped at Steve's words....damn you, Sam Wilson.

"You like Marvin Gaye more than the boss! More than the legend himself, Bruce Springsteen!" Rowan spoke in disbelief, she couldn't even believe the words coming out of her mouth as Steve chuckled.

"I have to admit, I love Marvin Gaye." Rowan shook her head in disbelief as she looked down at Steve's ear on the phone, still obviously not understanding the phone.

"Steve, it's FaceTime. Take the phone away from your ear and point it at your face." Rowan giggled, watching Steve's face come into view on the screen, she missed him, but she loved Italy. "Alright Steve, I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"