Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"Hey Steve, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Rowan asked, running beside Sam, both behind Steve.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve spoke and Rowan was sure she could see the smug grin on his face.

"Come on, Row." Rowan looked to Sam, a smirk on his face as he held his hands out. "And hold on tight."

Rowan grabbed Sams hands, rolling her eyes at his shit eating grin. Sam activated his falcon suit, and Rowan let out a scream as the two lifted into the air.

Rowan could hear Sam laughing in her ear, as the two flew through the air, Rowan could see her helicarrier below. "Dropping now!"

Sam and Rowan let go of each others hands, Rowan held her hands out below, creating a force field. Softening her landing, Rowan quickly moved to find cover.

Rowan ran on top of the helicarrier, sending an energy blast into a group of 5 guys, shooting at her, watch as the men went flying in every direction, the shooting coming to a stop.

"Falcon, status?"

"Engaging."

Rowan sent her foot into a soldiers knee, watching him collapse, before sending the same foot into his head. Rowan watched as three more men, ran from behind a plane, guns aimed at her. Quickly, she set up a force field as bullets began to hit the blue dome that she had created around herself. Rowan knew that with her powers, there wasn't really any limits or that her limits weren't discovered yet. She could feel the power flow through her veins and she hadn't even got close to her limits yet.

As the guys began to reload, Rowan pulled the force field in before, pushing it back out. She watched as the force field flew out, knocking all the guys on to their backs and unconscious.

"Eight minutes, cap"

"I'm working on it"

Rowans eyebrows furrowed, noticing how it had all of a sudden gotten too quiet, she felt herself instantly get sick to her stomach. A sick gut feeling. Than she saw him. And it all made sense.

Those black army boots, black pants, tactical gear, and that metal arm. Rowan felt her heart beating, almost as she was frozen, she stared at the man and without even thinking her hand flew to her neck. To where the bruise that he created had formed. She was scared, she was frozen with fear.

Rowan was still frozen with fear even when the men around him held up their guns, aiming at her, ready to fire. Her light blue eyes met his lifeless, cold blue ones. She watched as he held his hand up at the men, his gaze not leaving hers. "это мои" (this ones mine)

Rowan swallowed as she watched the men that surrounded him disperse, watching Bucky pull out a gun. Rowan reacted, throwing her hands up and making a force field, ready to block any bullets that should come her way.