Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"What's the deal with this guy? You actually think he's better than Ella Fitzgerald?" Bucky complained, raising his head off the couch to look at Rowan, laid on the love seat across from him.

"He is better than Ella, he's the best musician, ever." Rowan explained humming to the song, Bucky kept forgetting his name.

"I could argue with that" Bucky spoke, raising an eyebrow at Rowan, who shook her head in response. "What's his name again?"

Rowan let out a annoyed groan. "The blatant disrespect to the boss. Bruce Springsteen."

"Yes, of course, sorry, doll." Bucky spoke, giving the girl puppy dog eyes and Rowan couldn't help but roll her eyes, the hint of a smile on her face. "So, why do you like him so much?"

Rowan chuckled, and Bucky raised an eyebrow at here, rolling over onto his side, Rowan followed suit. The two stared at each other, Bucky had his eyebrow raised as Rowan seemed to be lost in her memories. "When I was saved by shield, or whatever. They gave me a fake home inside a lab, the home had a living room and kitchen, and I had my own room. I had Barbie dolls, and toys, in the living room was an 8track player. We had 6, 8 tracks. Bruce Springsteen, Born to Run, Born in the USA, and Nebraska. So, Bruce made up half of music taste. He was the only music I could still listen to all the way up until I was eighteen. Because, I stayed in there until I was eighteen."

"You stayed in that fake house until you were eighteen?" Bucky questioned his eyebrows raised, in surprise.

"Oh no, like they would take be out for trainings and I had a friend, Nathan. He was a professor and scientist, he was in charge of me pretty much, I mean of course after the fall of shield, I found out he was hydra. But, he was nice." Rowan spoke, fiddling with her fingers awkwardly.

"So this song, born in the USA? Why do you like it. I mean you're Italian?" Bucky spoke, changing the subject, noticing how uncomfortable she was with her past.

"Born in USA. Isn't really about being born in the USA. It's about a Vietnam war veteran..." Rowan paused, her eyebrows furrowing. "Wait, do you know what the Vietnam war is?"

"Yes, I fought." Bucky, deadpanned, wanting to hear more about the song.

"Jesus, you really were everywhere." Rowan spoke, shaking her head before starring back at Bucky, continuing on. "Anyways, it's about a Vietnam war veteran, who comes back home and he has to adapt back to reality, he has to take desperate measures to come to reality."

"Huh, interesting." Bucky spoke, deep in thought, laying back on his back, staring at the roof. Rowan followed suite, starting the song over, the two closed their eyes, focused on the song. "So, how long will you be gone for again?"

"Just the weekend, I miss Steve and Sam so I'm actually excited to go back." Rowan explained, nodding her head to the beat.

"Just, please don't tell him about me staying here, Rowan, please." Rowan could hear the desperation in Buckys voice and she swallowed.