Chapter Twenty One

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Steve let out a sigh, the tension in the room was so thick he could cut it with a knife. And he was sure he was the only one in there. Sam and Rowan, hidden on the roof top of a building. Look outs, that was Steve's excuse, he just didn't want them to get hurt under his orders.

"Heads up, Steve. German special forces, approaching from the south." Rowans voice filled his ear.

Rowan stood on a rooftop, of some old, grungy building. Her eyes focused on one room, and one room only. She felt Sams hand on her shoulder, turning to see a sad, but soft smile on his face. "It'll be okay, it's all going to workout."

"I hope you're right."

In Buckys apartment, Steve found a small book, a diary almost. The tiniest shift of a rock in the room, brought Steve out his thoughts as he quickly turned around to be faced with his childhood best friend. "Do you know me?"

"You're Steve. I've read about in a museum." Bucky spoke, quietly, his eyes darted around the room and Steve swallowed.

"They've set the perimeter." Sams voice shot in to Steve's ear.

"She's here. Couple buildings away." Steve spoke and Buckys eyebrows furrowed as he glared into Steve's soul.

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore."

"Steve! They're entering the building, both of you need to get out of there!" Rowans frantic voice brought Steve back to reality.

"The people who think you did are coming right now. They're not going to take you alive." Steve spoke, sternly, watching as Bucky nodded.

"That's smart. Good strategy." Bucky spoke, footsteps on the roof echoed in the room.

"They're on the roof. I've been comprised." Sams voice spoke, defeat on every word.

"This doesn't have to end in fight." Steve spoke, letting out a sigh.

"Get the hell out of there Steve, or I'm coming in!" Rowans voice angrily spoke through the comms as Bucky looked to him with sad eye.

"It always ends with a fight."

Steve and Bucky both looked in the direction of the broken window, eyes widening at the sight of two grenades. Steve tossed his shield down, the grenades exploding harmlessly. Gunshots poured in from the windows, and people yelling in German filled the two super soldiers ears

Across, on the roof of a building Rowan stood beside Sam, a horrified look on her face as her eyebrows furrowed before she spun around towards Sam. "We have to do something!"

"What could we possibly do, Rowan?"

"I don't know! Anything! Anything to help them."

"Rowan, we are no help, unless they get out of that building. Until than, we follow Caps orders. We are on stand by." Rowan let out an annoyed grumble, as she ran a hand threw her hair. Her attention back on the building.

"Come on, man." Steve spoke annoyed, holding on to the poor soldier hanging over the stairwell. Steve watched as Bucky elbowed another soldier in the face, making his way down the staircase before breaking of a piece of railing of the staircase, sliding into another apartment.

"There!" Sam yelled, pointing to a man jumping from an apartment balcony.

Rowan watched as Bucky swiftly, and easily landed on the other rooftop, picking up his getaway pack.

"What the hell is that?" Sams voice brought Rowans attention to the cat, on the rooftop now and Rowan raised an eyebrow.

"Obviously, it's a cat, Sam." Rowan spoke, letting out a snort as Sam rolled his eyes.

"Well, we better start doing something, what do you say Rowan?" Rowans eyebrows shot up as she turned to Sam. "How's your teleporting going?"

"Well, let's see." Rowan smirked, focusing as she felt the particles that made up her body, shrunk, the burning sensation running through her veins as she imaged the other rooftop.

Rowan teleported right in front of Bucky, the other person, cat, or whatever, stopped to a dead halt in front of her and Rowan swallowed. "Maybe we should just take a breather?"

"Get out of my way." The man spoke, Rowan could almost recognize the accent but couldn't figure out exactly where it came from.

The man jumped at her but she was quickly tossed aside by Buckys arm, hitting the concrete ground with a grunt. The man and Bucky rolled over, Bucky landing on his back as the guy got ready to take the killing blow. Rowan sent a small energy blast into the man, watching as he went tumbling, quickly, landing on his feet.

Rowan grabbed Buckys sweater, dragging him to his feet as he looked at her in shock. "Stay away from this."

Rowans eyebrows furrowed, but quickly was brought from their little fight as a helicopter came into view. Rowan stuck her hand out, a blue energy field forming around the two as the helicopter began shooting at them.

Rowan let out a thankful sigh as Sam came out of nowhere, kicking the helicopter and sending it for a spin. Rowan let the force field disappear as she pushed Bucky away from her and towards the edge of the roof. "Go, get out of here!"

Bucky disappeared over the edge as she let out a sigh, the black cat coming of nowhere and following behind him. Steve, slowly following behind earning a chuckle from Rowan.

"Keep me updated you two." Rowan spoke into the comms.

"Not good, Rowan! Not good! Underpass, 5th entry!"

Rowan closed her eyes, taking a deep breath, before appearing in the underpass, a motorcycle flying towards her, which she quickly dodged.

Her eyes widened as Bucky landed on his back, the cat, standing over him, ready to deliver the killing blow. Rowan quickly raised her hand, sending an energy blast into him, sending him flying.

Rowan quickly made her way to Bucky, standing next to him. Her eyes meeting the black cats mask, holding her hands up, a warning as she glared daggers in to the man.

Rowan let out an annoyed sigh as jets filled her ears, Rhodey landing about ten feet away from her, holding his hands up. Rowan rolled her eyes, letting out an annoyed sigh as Bucky stayed on his knees, eyes glued to the concrete below them.

"Stand down. Now." Rhodeys voice, angrily spoke. Rowan let her hands drop to her side, as she looked to Steve now beside her, who put his shield away. "Congratulations Cap, you're a criminal...and you took the kid with you."

Rowan held up her hands in surrender, she thought about teleporting somewhere, but decided it probably wouldn't be the best idea if she did. She let out a grunt as the police, kicked her to her knees, putting cuffs on her.

Rowans eyebrows furrowed, confused as she watched the cat take off his mask, revealing King T'challa of Wakanda. Of course. Vibranium suit, panther suit, and this man wanted revenge.

"Your highness."