twenty seven.

At Least You Were Actually Adopted

present !

Maria and Allison made their way back to Harold Jenkins grandmother's house and they were about to knock on the door, but they noticed it was open. Maria opened the door and they stepped in. They noticed a weird ripple in the air and neither of them were creating it. They heard beautiful violin playing and Allison decided to speak up. "Vanya? Is that you?" They kept looking around the house and they found Vanya playing the violin. "Vanya, thank god you're okay. What's going on?"

"What are you guys doing here?" Allison took a small step forward and said, "We came to find you. Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

"There's something...weird going on, what's causing it?" Allison looked at Maria since she had been full of surprises lately. "Hey, don't look at me!"

"Yeah, it isn't her, it's me." Both Allison and Maria looked at her confused. "What do you mean 'me'?"

"I mean, I made those things happen. With my powers. Turns out I've had them all this time. It's weird, huh?" Allison had a look of confusion and a little bit of envy. Maria was still a bit confused, but she was happy for her. "Wait, so you just magically have powers now?"

"Guess so..."

"Vanya...that-that's great! That's really great!"

"It's in...it's incredible, but...ca-can we do this in the car?"

"Why?" Allison and Maria exchanged a look. "You're not gonna want to hear it."

"That's never stopped you before." Maria looked at the ground and mumbled, "Ouch." Allison shot her a look and she just put her hands up in surrender. Allison sighed, knowing she was going to have to break some really bad news to her. "Leonard Peabody? His real name is Harold Jenkins." Vanya looked at Allison very confused. Allison looked over at Maria for a bit of help and she decided to step in. "Allison went to the library to find some information on Leonard and remember when she didn't find anything, it's because Leonard Peabody doesn't exist. Harold Jenkins does. He killed his father when he was thirteen and he went to prison for twelve years Vanya." Vanya couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"This is...insane. His dad was an engineer at the-"

"I have the police report in the car, Vanya we can show you." Maria was also now confused. "Wait, when did you get his police report?"

"I don't-I don't understand." Vanya sat down on a chair. She was so shocked what they were telling her. "Vanya, I know this is hard to hear, believe me I know, but I've never lied to you Vanya."

"I don't-."

"Vanya, please just listen..."

"Vanya, we know this sounds crazy, but we were in his house. He has pictures of all of us with our eyes gouged out and Maria had hearts around her picture." Vanya became more confused and a bit jealous. The guy she loved was in love with her best friend. In a psychotic way, but it still hurt. "Wh-what I-"

"I promise I will tell you everything in the car, but it's not safe." Vanya stood up and put her hands on her head. She couldn't bear to hear what they were saying to her but they had too. "No, stop."

"Vanya, I know this must be really hard to hear, and I can't even imagine how you feel, but me and Allison love you so much and we just want you safe and we want to be here as your sister and your best friend."

"There's just no way, I love him and this power...I don't know what's going on, I don't know what to do." All of a sudden Allison's expression changed. "I understand now." Vanya and Maria looked at her confused. "When we were four, Dad told us you were sick."