forty.

You're Jealous Of Someone That Doesn't Even Exist

present !

Lila, Maria, Five and Diego all hid behind a car. They saw people walking into the house and Lila turned and looked at Five. "So what's the plan?"

Diego looked back at everyone. "We infiltrate, we identify, we extract. Double time." Maria nodded in understanding. "Got it. Sounds easy enough."

Lila looked at them in confusion. "What the hell's he talking about?"

"Find the old man and get out fast." Maria scrunched her face in confusion. "That's what he said."

"On me." Lila waved her had, indicating for him to go ahead. "After you."

Maria and Diego went forward and hid behind another car. Lila and Five stayed back for some reason and Diego and Maria were waiting for them to hurry up.

"So." Diego looked at her and smiled a bit. "What? What is it?"

"Where did you meet Lila?" He looked back at the people and back at her. "The hospital I was in."

Maria nodded. "I like her. She's cool. She put a tiny braid in my hair, see." She grabbed a little braid that was underneath a lot of her hair and she waved it around. "I see Lila does your braids instead of Klaus now."

"Well, I don't even know if Klaus is here."

"I bet he is. I think he really belongs in the 60s, you know, with all of his colourful clothing and vintage things he had in his room." Maria nodded. "Well, he's been to the 60s before."

"Oh right, that whole, Vietnam thing."

"Yeah, it wasn't a fun time. The clubs were fun though."

"Right, I forgot you went there. Did you-Did you meet anyone there?" Maria looked at him and smiled, realizing he was about to get jealous. "Why?"

"Just-Just curious."

"You're jealous of someone that doesn't even exist."

"What no-"

"You so are!" He then cleared his throat as he saw Five and Lila heading their way. She smiled at him just out of the corner of her mouth, but they didn't spot it.

They all walked into the house and looked around at everyone. Lila was just looking at random people, but the other three were looking for Sir Reginald Hargreeves. "I don't see dad anywhere."

"Just keep an eye out for the Majestic Twelve. I got the upstairs. Diego, Maria, try not to do anything too stupid." Maria threw her arms up in disbelief. Lila chuckled a bit and walked away from them. She made her way to the food and drink table in the other room. Maria started to walk away from Diego but he grabbed her wrist. She turned around and looked at him curiously. "Trying to ditch me again?"

"What?"

"When we kissed. You just left. I kissed you twice so I could get you to stay, but you just left." Maria laughed a little bit. "You wanna know where I went?"

Diego nodded. "I walked out of the room and ran to Caleb. I talked about you for about an hour." Diego smiled and looked at the ground. In his mind that was a lot better of a response then he was hoping for.

A new song started playing and Maria smiled. Diego looked into her eyes and smiled too. He put his hand around her waist and she put her hand on his shoulder. They held each others hands and they started swaying to the music. Maria rested her head on him and he rested his head on her head.

"Can this be our song?" Diego smiled a bit. "Sure." Maria laughed a bit and hid her head in his chest. "Why are you laughing?"

"You remember the ballroom lessons from the academy."

"Yeah, I hate that it's engraved in my head." Maria laughed a bit. Diego then mocked Sir Reginald Hargreeves. "One never knows when the paso doble will be the difference between life and death."

Maria laughed a bit at how scaringly accurate it was. Maria then made him switch so she was leading and he wasn't. He became really confused and started looking around to see if people were looking. "What are you-"

"Just dance."

"No honey, I'm the man here." He then switched again so he was leading and he leaned down a bit and whispered in her ear. "We will never talk about what you just did."

 Maria smiled up at him knowing full well that she was going to talk about it again. Diego then looked away from her and his expression changed to shocked. "What is it?"

"It can't be." Diego started walking away from her and she became a bit sad and confused. She then looked past everyone and saw Grace. She was shocked but she smiled a bit too. Lila then walked over to her and gave her a glass of wine. "Thanks."

Lila smiled at her and took a sip of her wine. They started walking forward and just sort of lingering around. "You love him."

"What?"

"You love him! You love him! You love him!"

"I do not!" Lila just raised her eyebrows and sipped her drink. She did not believe her at all and Maria didn't believe herself either.

They kept lurking around and Lila kept making fun of Maria. They didn't even notice but they walked by Diego when he was talking to Grace and he heard them. "You should just tell him!"

"I'm not going to do that even if I do love him."

"So you do love him?"

"M...Maybe?"

"Oh my gosh you do!" Diego smiled a bit and continued talking to Grace.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Lila and Maria were just talking about what Lila's life was like before the mental hospital and what Maria's life was like at the academy. They were having a nice conversation when they heard a thud. They went upstairs and saw Diego fighting two of the Swedes and Five was fighting one of them. Maria looked both ways and tapped Lila on the shoulder. "You help Diego, I'll get Five."

Lila suddenly sprinted towards Five and left Maria a bit confused. She just shook it off and went to help Diego. She ran up to one of the Swedes. She jumped off the wall and kicked one of the Swedes in the face.

Diego then kicked one of them back right into her and she jumped over him. She spun her hands in a circle motion and a green aura surrounded her hands. The green aura then wrapped around his body and she threw him out of the window.

She saw Lila and Five fighting them and Lila was surprisingly good but they were struggling a bit. She lifted her hand and the green aura came out again. A green ball of light shot out from her hand and sent the other Sweden Assassin flying out of the window.

Diego and Maria looked at Lila with shock, confusion and betrayal. Five looked outside and saw Sir Reginald Hargreeves getting into his car. He spacial jumped down to where Sir Reginald Hargreeves was and he started saying something in ancient Greek. Sir Reginald Hargreeves looked at him with shock but got into the car. Diego, Maria and Lila all ran down to where he was and they just missed him. "Was that him?"

"Yeah."

Maria watched the car drive away and she felt sick to her stomach. She was in such a close proximity to someone who ruined her life and it did not make her feel good. She almost wanted to kill him.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-