forty one.

You Remind Me Of My Old Friend Patch

present !

They stood in the driveway of the home watching Sir Reginald Hargreeves drive off. All of them except Lila, who was still a bit confused as to what was happening, were all disappointed they didn't get to confront him. Maria did want to confront him, but she also didn't want to see him. She wasn't quite sure how she felt about seeing him. "You know, I'm starting to get the feeling dad's avoiding us."

"You think?" Maria rubbed her eyes in frustration and tiredness. Lila sighed and spoke up. "Hate to be the boring one guys, but uh, it's time we get the hell out of here."

Five turned around a looked at her in disbelief. "When you say we, who exactly are you referring to?"

"Not a lot of ambiguity in that sentence."

"Listen, I don't know who you are or where you came from but what ever it is, I'd advise you return posthaste." Diego agreed with Lila on this one. "She's right Five. We gotta get out of here."

Lila and Five ignore him. "I just saved your life you kinder shit. If I hadn't stepped in, all that would be left of you is a blazer and some bloody socks."

"And that's the problem. You're too good. You ask too many questions. You know too much. And you fight like you know what you're doing." To Lila's surprise, Maria agreed with him. "He's right."

"What?"

"I told you to help Diego and I was perfectly capable of helping Five and honestly, Five didn't need either of us. He's fine on his own. You're way to good of a fighter to not be up to something."

"So I know how to handle myself and that makes me the bad guy?" Five took a step forward in anger and frustration. "Whoever you are, you're in my way. If I see you again, I will kill you."

Five started walking away when Lila looked at Diego. She was a bit disappointed that Maria didn't believe her, but she figured if Maria didn't forgive her, Diego wouldn't. But it's worth a try. "Diego, we need to go."

"I was getting my ass handed to me back there. She told you to help me but you helped Five, why?"

"Because he's a kid and you're a man. Bloody act like one." Diego squinted his eyes a bit since she didn't know the half of what Five was. "Diego, I-"

Diego walked off in the direction that Five went. Lila looked at Maria with a hopeful look. "Why are you taking their side?"

"You remind me of my old friend Patch. I thought, maybe I could have a friendship like that again and it was going really well. You know, I rarely get along with people I first meet but you were different. The only difference between you and Patch was that she didn't lie to me." She walked off and tried to catch up to Diego and Five. She really wished she could trust Lila since she could really see them being really good friends in the future but she knew that couldn't happen. She was just to different.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

They got back to Elliott's house and Luther was already there. Maria didn't expect to see him and they did not have a very pleasant reunion. "Oh wow, Maria, you can uh, you can see! It's-It's good to see you, no pun intended!"

He laughed nervously since he was a little scared on how she was going to react towards him. "You little monkey bitch! Oh wow, Maria, you can see is all you have to say to me?! What about I'm sorry for basically causing the apocalypse by locking Vanya in a cage and making me lose my memory for four and a half years! None of that?! You little daddy's boy?! Hmm?!" Luther was a bit scared of her and Diego had to step in front of her so she wouldn't hurt him.