Chapter 2

(Y/n) stood up and ran to the spot Frodo was in, but she couldn't find him. The power of the Ring was blocking him from her magic. The patrons around them gasped in shock at the hobbit vanishing. (Y/n) searched and searched until the felt the magic of the Ring leave Frodo's presence. She looked up to see the cloaked Strider dragging the hobbit upstairs to the rooms.

"Strider took Frodo! Come on, lads!" Sam said to Merry and Pippin, who grabbed and candelabra and a chair, while Sam was going to go in with just his fists.

"Don't worry, boys. I'll handle this." (Y/n) said, her eyes shining red. She trusted the hobbits to show them her secret. Red wisps of her magic trickled from her fingertips. She built up the magic in her hand, the red ball of light gleaming, and thrust it at the door, forcing it open. The hobbits stood in shock of her until they saw Strider standing there, his long sword unsheathed and pointed at them, hood down.

"Let him go, or I'll have you, Longshanks!" Sam shouted at Strider. (Y/n) brought her hands up again, the magic glowing.

Now that she could see his face, she could see he was quite handsome. His long dark hair fell just above his shoulders. He had stubble across his tanned face, and sharp features. What was most intriguing was his piercing blue-grey eyes.

"You have a stout heart, little hobbit," Strider said, putting his sword away, "but that will not save you." Strider looked at the girl in front of him, her eyes red with fury and magic, the collection of red magic in her hands made it obvious to him who she was. He did not act on this, however. He looked back at the hobbits and continued, "You can no longer wait for the wizard, Frodo. They're coming."

~~~~~~~~~~

Four beds sat in a dark room, the Ringwraiths coming up silently next to them. Four of them stood next to one of each bed, raising their long, chipped and jagged swords. They brought down their swords on the beds, stabbing them multiple times, but as they peeled away the covers, they were met with pillows instead of dead hobbits.

Across the road, in another tavern, Strider watched from the windows as the Wraiths discovered the trickery, screeching in anger. The hobbits slept peacefully, well, as peacefully as they could, until they heard the cries of the Black Riders. Frodo sat on the edge of the large bed Sam, Merry, and Pippin shared. (Y/n) sat in a rocking chair near the window.

"What are they?" Frodo asked.

Strider looked at the hobbit, a screech from the Riders filling the air, and said, "They were once Men. Great kings of Men. The Sauron the Deceiver gave to them nine rings of power. Blinded by their greed, they took them without question, one by one, falling into darkness, and now they are slaves to his will." Strider looked out at the Riders, who had climbed on their horses and began their search once more. "They are the Nazgûl. Ringwraiths, neither living nor dead."

"At all times they feel the presence of the Ring, drawn to the power of the One." (Y/n) claimed.

"They will never stop hunting you." Strider finished, but not before looking at the girl.

(Y/n) did not fail to see his glance, and once the hobbits were finally asleep once more, she looked at him, trying again to read his mind.

"My thoughts are not available to you, Agaru Kuruni. Do not attempt to read my mind." he said, not looking away from the window.

"I do not know if I can trust you." (Y/n) said. "But, given that you know my elven name, I assume you are a friend of the elves."

"I was raised in Rivendell alongside the elves." Strider said, looking at her. "I heard stories of your being and power, but never did I think I would get to meet the Crimson Witch."