Chapter 6

Over ranges and rivers the newly created Fellowship of the Ring traveled towards where Sauron and his doom were waiting. They passed old kingdoms and mountains sides, the hobbits aweing the view in which they have never seen before.

"We must hold this course west of the Misty Mountains for forty days." Gandalf said. "If our luck holds, the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there, our road turns east to Mordor."

Days and nights they traveled, the terrain only getting more and more difficult with each passing minute. Any time there was an obstacle, the group would look to (Y/n), and she would roll her eyes, but lift whatever was blocking their path anyway.

Aragorn was fascinated with her, to say the least. She held a power that anyone else in Middle-Earth would pay a thousand lives to have, and yet she had wanted to be rid of it. Even if she was cast aside by society, she still came back to help it, no matter who was calling her aid.

They have stopped by a couple of large rocks, and Sam had prepared a nice dinner for everyone. Boromir was teaching Merry and Pippin how to handle their new swords, for they were very inexperienced.

"Two, one, five. Good! Very good." Boromir said as he taught the little folk. (Y/n) looked to see Aragorn watching over the lesson, smoking his pipe.

"Move your feet." he shouted. She noticed that every once and a while he would call out suggestions for the hobbits. It made her lightly smile as she sat next to Gandalf. She watched as Pippin blocked an 'attack' from Boromir.

"If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they're not, I'd say we were taking the long way 'round." Gimli stated, looking out at the terrain they were on. He looked to the wizard and said, "Gandalf, we could pass through the Mines of Moria. My cousin Balin would give us a royal welcome."

"No, Gimli, I would not take the road through Moria unless I had no other choice." Gandalf said grimly. (Y/n) had been told about what would await them if they were to pass through Moria. A terrible being.

Boromir had hit Pippin's hand as they attacked, to which Pippin kicked him in the shin, and Merry hit him in the side.

"Get him!"

"For the Shire!"

They both yelled battle cries as they took down Boromir, who was laughing the entire time as they wrestled. Aragorn even managed a chuckle as he watched the scene. (Y/n) smiled at what she watched, and saw Aragorn try to break it up, only for him to get taken down next, which made her burst into laughter.

"What is that?" she heard Sam ask, and looked to see black dots appearing in the distance. Coming down near Aragorn and Boromir, she squinted her eyes to see.

"Nothing. Just a wisp of cloud." Gimli dismissed.

"It's moving fast." (Y/n) noted.

"Against the wind." Boromir added.

"Crebain from Dunland!" Legolas shouted, for his elf eyes could see better than any of theirs.

"Hide!" Aragorn shouted, and gathered everyone under the rocks and into the brush. "Cover! Take cover!"

Everyone grabbed their belongings and put out the fire. Aragorn grabbed (Y/n) by her arm and pulled her under a rock with him, one arm behind her back, the other beside her head, stopping him from falling on top of her.

They watched as the black birds shrieked and crowed as they searched the area, the hundreds of them flying about. (Y/n) was in a peculiar position, with her legs tangled with Aragorn's while she lay on the ground with him on top of her. She did not dare move, however. No matter how much she wanted to.