Chapter 9

Aragorn led the Fellowship on towards Lothlórien. Gandalf's words kept playing in his mind. Take care of her. Did he mean (Y/n)? Did Gandalf really trust him to do so? These thoughts swam through his head. However, he kept up a barrier to make sure that the girl he was thinking of did not see that he was. Stopping, he saw the woods of the elven realm of Lothlórien ahead. They were near.

The company did not stop running until the reached the wood. It took them nearly all day, and once they reached the trees, they could immediately feel the magic surrounding them. (Y/n) was overcome with the feeling, but it was not bad. Merely, she felt the light in the enchanting wood, looking around in wonder of its beauty.

She knew who resided in these woods. Lady Galadriel, a friend of Gandalf. She held great power, and was one of the oldest and wisest of the elf kind. When (Y/n) came with Gandalf on his journeys, they visited this forest once, and Galadriel and Lord Celeborn, her husband, greeted them. It had been a long time since they came, so she wondered what had changed since then.

"Shh! Stay close young hobbits." Gimli said to the halflings, raising his axe in defense as if something would pop out at him. "They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods. An elf-witch... of terrible power."

"Something wrong with witches, Gimli?" (Y/n) questioned in humor, although slightly worried he held fear for her. That was the last thing she wanted.

"No, my lady, of course not." he coughed. "But I heard tales of this one, terrible stories. All who look upon her fall under her spell... and are never seen again." The resident witch rolled her eyes in amusement, shaking her head and continued down the path which Aragorn was laying.

(Y/n)

The girl looked around, hearing a soft voice call her name.

You hold great power, young one... and yet see no way to control it...

"Galadriel?" (Y/n) whispered the name of the elf, looking through the trees.

"Well, here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!" Gimli's voice broke her trance. However, right when he spoke, an arrow appeared in front of him, elves now surrounding them, their weapons pointed at them.

"The dwarf breathes so loud, we could have shot him in the dark." a voice said, and they looked to see an elf with blonde hair nearing them. (Y/n) recognized him as Haldir.

He led them deeper into the forest, soon turning night. The moon lit up the woods, creating an unearthly light around them. Haldir turned to them, the elves around them now having their arrows away.

"Mae govannen, Legolas Thranduilion." (Welcome Legolas, son of Thranduil.) Haldir welcomed the prince.

"Govannas vîn gwennen le, Haldir o Lórien." (Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien.) Legolas responded in elvish. Haldir then looked to Aragorn.

"A, Aragorn in Dúnedain istannen le ammen." (Oh, Aragorn of the Dúnedain, you are known to us.) Aragorn nodded his head to the greeting, and Haldir looked to the only woman in the group. "Agaru Kuruni. Nae saian lumme'. Gi nathlam hí. (Crimson Witch. It has been too long. We welcome you here.) (Y/n) smiled at the elf, bowing her head.

"So much for the legendary courtesy of the elves!" Gimli spat. "Speak words we can all understand!"

"We have not had dealings with the dwarves since the Dark Days." Haldir said, looking down upon Gimli.

"And you know what this dwarf says to that? Ishkhaqwi ai durugnul!" (I spit upon your grave!) Gimli sneered at the elf. (Y/n) sighed, knowing exactly what he said.