Chapter 5

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old, you've been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor." Lord Elrond said.

A group of elves, men, and dwarves sat in Rivendell, looking towards where Lord Elrond sat in his high seat. (Y/n) sat in between Gandalf and one of the Woodland elves, across from Strider. In the center of the U of chairs stood a pedestal. The Council of Elrond had been summoned.

"Middle-Earth stands upon the brink of destruction." Elrond continued. "None can escape it. You will unite, or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom." The elf looked to the small hobbit who sat on the other side of Gandalf. "Bring forth the Ring, Frodo."

Frodo stepped up slowly, and placed the Ring in the center of the meeting. The power from it echoed throughout the room. Everyone gasped and whispered at the sight of this relic. (Y/n)'s head began to pound from the radiating grasp of the Ring's hold.

"So it is true." Boromir said, knocking (Y/n) out of her thoughts. He stood and continued. "In a dream, I saw the eastern sky grow dark, but in the West, a pale light lingered. A voice was crying, 'Your doom is near at hand. Isildur's Bane is found.'" Boromir stepped closer and closer to the Ring, reaching out to take it. "Isildur's Bane..."

"Boromir!" Elrond yelled, and Gandalf began speaking in Black Speech the words engraved in the Ring.

"Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,

ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.)

As he did, the sky grew dark, and it felt as though the ground was rumbling beneath (Y/n)'s feet. Her head began to pound once more, only this time, it was much worse, and she almost cried out in pain, putting her hands to the sides of her head. Finally, Gandalf stopped, and the sky grew lighter once more, and the pain in (Y/n)'s head had ebbed. She looked around at the council. Everyone was startled and scared, and Boromir had sat down once more.

"Never before has any voice uttered the words of that tongue here in Imladris." Elrond stated, on edge.

"I do not ask your pardon, Master Elrond, for the Black Speech of Mordor may yet be heard in every corner of the West! The Ring is altogether evil." Gandalf stated, going to sit down.

"It is a gift, a gift to the foes of Mordor!" Boromir said, causing Gandalf to turn to him in shock. (Y/n) looked at her friend, confused to his thinking. Boromir stood and kept speaking to the council. "Why not use this Ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people, are your lands kept safe." (Y/n) could see the obvious frustration in Strider's face. "Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy! Let us use it against him!"

"You cannot wield it! None of us can." Strider claimed, and Boromir turned to face him. "The One Ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master."

"And what would a Ranger know of this matter?" Boromir shot.

"This is no mere Ranger." Legolas stated, standing up. "He is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened in shock, and turned her head to look at Strider... Aragorn, who looked anywhere but her eyes. Aragorn... the heir of Isildur. From her days in Gondor, she had heard whispers of the heir to the throne of Gondor.

"Aragorn." Boromir said in disbelief. "This is Isildur's heir?"

"And heir to the throne of Gondor!" Legolas finished.