Chapter 18 : THE KISS

XIA

I'm not sure how to react. I don't even know what to feel. I mean of course I was shocked, I didn't expect to get a kiss from Ximen at Daoming Si's birthday party. But I'm lying if I said I don't like it. But then, do I actually like Ximen more than just a friend? I never really think about it, I never even really thought that this will happen.

The rest of the night was so awkward. I still trying to act normal around everyone. I'm always with F4 and that is means Ximen also there. I don't want to avoid him, I want him around me but I just don't know how should i react. Ximen seems understand how I feel because he never talk about it or give me any awkward look. He just act normal, like he never kiss me.

The other's attention are more on Lei and Jing. Both of them look like they solve their problem and back together. They look really good together anyway. If they are really are together again, I'm a bit surprise Lei can forgive her easily.

'Why are you so quite?' HyeJoo ask me when we both take our food together.
'I'm fine. Maybe just a bit tired,' I said, hoping that she will not ask me more.
'Are you sure? Where were you and Ximen just now?' Of course she ask about it.
'He brought me to the back of the house. You should see it too. It's so nice,' I said and take the last piece of cream puff.
'You and Ximen seems so close nowadays. I tried not to ask but I'm so curious,' I look at her to see her expression and she is looking at me with a teasing smile. Well, obviously she is not interested on how the back of Ahsi's house look like.
'Why you give me that look?' I ask her again for confirmation. Did she saw anything? What if she did?
'Nothing. I just want to know. Anyway, allow me to tell you that you and Ximen look good together,' She said while still giving me her teasing smile.

That sentence been playing in my head while we both walk back together to our table with our foods. The boys and Jing are all nowhere to be seen, probably they are with Ahsi. We also haven't see Sanchai since we arrived. I don't mind, Sanchai is probably with Ahsi's mom and families. Now, I have my time with HyeJoo. I think both of us are the only one who don't know the other guests here. I want to tell HyeJoo what happened just now but at the same time I just want to keep it myself. But I need to share it with someone so that at least I know what should I do.

'I need to tell you something,' I said after I take a sip of the water.
HyeJoo put down her fork and turn around to look at me. Feeling nervous about telling her something feels like a dejavu.
'Ximen kissed me,' I said without hesistating. I learnt my lesson not to take so much time when I decided to tell something important.
She freeze. Her eyes don't even blink until she choked on her saliva.
'Are you serious? When?' She finally smile and said something. I already feel a bit regret for sharing the story with her when she stayed quite for like 30 seconds.
'Just now. When we both gone. I don't know what is that means. We both never really have a lovey dovey relationship. It makes me confuse,' I said honestly and feel good for letting it out.
'So how did you react?' She now hold my hand and still smiling so widely. I'm sure she is excited and has so many questions.
'Nothing. I just immediately get back into the house claiming that I'm hungry,' I said and take a small bite of the watermelon.
HyeJoo give me an unbelievable look and I reply her by raising my eyebrows.
'That's all?' She ask me.
'Yea. I dont know what to say and what to do. I was shocked. I didn't see it coming,' I put down my fork after shove the last piece of pear inside my mouth.
'He never really confess or do any special thing to you that makes you at least for a second think that he likes you?'
I shake my head. I don't even have to think deeply.
'Well then I don't know what to say. I think I will pay attention on Ximen when he is around you after this. If you give him a different reaction, a good one, probably we know if he likes you or not but then if he doesn't like you why did he kissed you? He can't just play around with you, you are his bestfriend's sister,'
I shrugged, don't know what to say.
'Do you think he likes you?' HyeJoo ask me the question that I actually want to know the answer so badly.
I shrugged again. 'Honestly I don't think so because I'm pretty convinced that he is still into Xiaoyou,'
'Xiaoyou is not here. She was his past. Maybe the feeling is still there but she is not here,' She said and I totally understand what she means.
'Yea but still, I don't think that he likes me. Like I told you, he never really shows that he's interested in me. He only love to make me feel annoyed,' Indeed though, what I always remember is how Ximen always find a point to make me feel annoyed.