Chapter 27 : REALIZED

XIA

It's already day 3 since we came back from Switzerland and Hye Joo has stay quite since then. A few times Sanchai and me tried to talk with her but she refused to say anything and even refused to meet us. There's always excuses whenever we wanted to meet her.

So today, I'm just still going to meet her at her working place. As much as I want to respect her decission, but I also worry about her handle everything alone. Heartbreak is not something that we should overlooked. I care about her a lot, I don't want her to feel alone in this situation. She's pushing everyone away because she's feeling down and sad and we can't support her in feeling that way.

'Yea, I'm going alone. Sanchai can't make it, she has to spend time with her parents today,'

I told Ximen over the phone about wanting to visit Hye Joo.

'Can I come with you?' He asked, as I expected.
'Not today. I want to have alone time with my friend. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable with you being around since you know, Meizou is your bestfriend,'
'Yeah totally get it. But can we meet after that? I miss you,' and there you go. I can already imagine his cute face when he told me that. He can be such a baby.
'Yes we can, only if you brought pizza tonight at the tree house,' I said, while smiling even I know he can't see it.
'Deal. See you tonight. Just let me know what time is the suitable time for me to come,' I can hear his cheerful voice this time.
'Sure will do,'
'Okay, becareful. Love you,'
'Love you too,'

-

Hye Joo is on her break when I arrived with Mcdonalds. I didn't tell her that I'm coming and bring her lunch. So, she's having a pasta and look a bit annoyed when she saw me.

'Sorry okay. I wanted to meet you,' I said immediately and take a seat opposite her, basically giving her a chance to kick me but I know she will not do that.

'What do you want?' She asks and focusing on her pasta, totally ignoring me.

Then I put the ice chocolate infront of her, I know it's her favourite, then the double cheese burger. She looks at the food before looking at me with an unbelievable expression on how I bribe her talking to me. Then she cleared her throat and take the a sip on the ice chocolate.

'Cmon. I just want to have lunch with you. Is that wrong? I miss you. We didn't talk for 3 days now,'
'Oh yea? You are going to act like a clingy girlfriend now?'
'Yes, because you are my bestfriend. And I want to be clingy with you,' I started to take a bite of my burger. It's been a while since I ate Mcdonalds. This taste so good.
'You are annoying,' She said, then I saw her she tried to cover her smile.
'You are the only friend that call her bestfriend annoying for bringing her food seriously, you are the worse,' I told her.
'You are the worse. You making me fat,'
'You will not get fat, because you have a perfect body and your body is amazing like that,'

She can't control her smile anymore, and I smile too. Well, my bestfriend is okay. At least first step is a success. Then we talk about her work, her mom, my ongoing arts and my relationship with Ximen, which intentionally lead to the problem with Meizou.

'Are you okay now?' I ask, carefully.
She let out a heavy sigh and take her time to answer. 'I don't know honestly. I did something stupid on our last day in Swiss and I'm still recovering from it,'
That answer make me nervous instantly. 'What is it?'
'I kissed him. I wanted to talk but I end up kissing him, and he kissed me back. Now I'm mad at myself,'

I took my time to process what she just told me. 'Well, technically that kind of thing can happen if you like someone that much. You are not stupid. Instead he is the stupid one for not appreciating you and didn't realized that you are a gem,' honestly yeah. Hye Joo is pretty, independent, hard working and she didn't went for him because of his money or fame. I mean yeah, she likes F4, but she is not of those crazy stalker fan.

'Yeah, that's what I have been telling myself. He did called me last night you know,'
'And?' I ask immediately.
'And he said sorry for what he did, you know the cliche appologize. He said he didn't mean to, he never thought deeply about my feelings bla bla. He said that he did actually feel comfortable with me but in terms of having a feelings like mine, he is not sure if he is ready yet,'

I nod, understand the whole situation.

'I told him I want to give it a try if he allows me to,'
I look at her like she just drop a bomb. 'You realize what you just get yourself into right?'
'Yea. I wanted to give it a try. I can't walk away thinking that I give up in the middle. He is the first guy that ever make me feel this way,'
'Okay. I totally get it. But promise me, if it's too much for your heart to bear, then let it go,'
'Yea of course I will. Besides you know I think I'm going to see him often, since I'm your bestfriend and Sanchai too. And both of your boyfriends are his bestfriend, and your brother's bestfriend too. So I don't want to be the reason of any awkwardness. So if things are harder than I imagine, I definitely let it go,'

Well her explanation makes me feel better. She clearly knows what she wants and she wants to fight for it. So as her bestfriend, I know she needs my support on this. Meizou is not a total bad guy. Who knows she actually really can melt the ice prince like Sanchai did to Ahsi? To be honest Meizou has a softer heart compared to Ahsi, for sure.

She promised not to ghost me again and we started to talk about my relationship with Ximen when Lei call and told me that my stepmother has been involve in a very bad accident. She was hit and run by truck and her body stuck in the car. It took almost one hour for them to get the body out and fortunately she is still alive, but she barely make it. I promised to give Hye Joo a call when I reach the hospital and call Ximen when I was already on my way to the hospital but of course he already knew and on his way to the hospital as well.

-

My dad, his secretary, Lei and Ximen are all already in the emergency waiting area when I arrived. Apparently, the driver couldn't make it and died after injured his head badly. He is 55 years old, and a very funny and bright guy. I'm going to miss him definitely.

'Dad,' I approach my dad first and sit beside him.
'Xia,'
'Don't worry. She will be fine. She is a strong woman,' I comfort him immeditely, knowing that he needs it and I indeed feel scared if she couldn't make it too.
'Yea I know. She is going to be okay,' My dad convince himself with a teary eyes.

I make eye contact with both Lei and Ximen without saying anything. At times, my dad will stand up and pace around the waiting area in a circle, looking nervous waiting for the doctor to come out from the emergency room. When he sit down, he also cross his leg and uncross his legs thousand times, driving me crazy. Lei also has been jiggling his legs nervously, rattling the chair but Ximen doesn't look like he is bothered by it. I take a look at the big clock, it is only 1 hour has passed. But it felt like 10 hours.

After a while, my dad's secretary got up from her chair behind us and ask us for a drink, she's going to get it from the nearest cafe around the hospital. We tell her what we want and I look at her walking away until she is out of sight. I don't even know her name even I often see her at our house.

Then I link my hand on my dad's arm, hoping that I can comfort him at he same time asking for a comfort from him. I know I was never nice to her, but I actually starting to get used to her in the house. She is not my mum but she always tried to be even I pushed her away everytime. She is a very nice and strong woman. My dad and Lei both love her. She didn't deserve to die this way. Not until we talk and solve our problem. I started to feel regret for not talking to her that night. I could have been nicer. I'm a very ungrateful person. God already gave me a second chance to have a good mom and here I am refusing to have a good mom. It took a bad accident to happen to her before I realized all these and it might be too late and I will lose a mom again.

God, please save her.

*****************
NOTE:
I had my booster shot and I feel okay, thank god! Can't handle another bad side effect. Anyway, don't forget to vote! xoxo ~

!!! ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE, I AM SO SORRY FOR ANY BAD SENTENCE AND GRAMMATICAL ERROR.