Chapter 22 : THE FEELINGS ARE MUTUAL

XIMEN

Finally semester break is here. For 2 months, no class, no study, no campus and I can focus on something else like Xia Li, who's day by day getting on my nerve. We have been so close and I feel so comfortable around her. I really like her, I do and I want to tell her this week. We plan to go for a vacation together in Switzerland. Ahsi has a house in Interlaken and Sanchai, Xia and HyeJoo will join us. I'm so excited with this trip, I imagine a lot of good things that I hope at least 50% of it will come true. I want to make a lot of new memories with her.

I woke up early today to do a little bit of workout and visit Xiaoyou. Xia has a shopping plan with her friends, and later I will go to her house to see Lei. I want to tell Lei about my feelings before I admit to Xia. He is my bestfriend and I think it's right to let him know first.

When I arrive at the graveyard, I can smell the flowers from Xiaoyou's grave. Flowers at her grave always fresh, I make sure of that. I rarely visit her now but that doesn't mean I don't remember her. She always in my mind and heart. I know she can see me everyday and I hope she's happy to see what I've become now. I also still visit her parents and the last time I went to see them, they ask me about Xia. I told them the truth, I dont want to hide anything from them especially when my feelings to Xia is real. They were so happy for me, I can see clearly from their eyes, the way they look at me. They are like my own parents now and they are my responsibilities.

After half an hour spent time with Xiaoyou, I drive straight away to Lei's house. It's 11am and holiday, Lei must still be sleeping.

My luck is great when I bump into Xia who's about to go out to see her friend. She gives me her sweet smile that melts my heart everytime.

'What are you doing here?' She ask while her right hand is holding the front door. She's still smiling.
'I want to see Lei,' I said.
'Lei is still sleeping,'
'I figured. I'll wake him up. What time will you finish with your shopping?'
'I don't know. Can't predict but I think around evening,'

She's wearing a simple baggy knit jumper with jeans and white nike. Simple always suits her. She doesn't need to put an effort to look beautiful.

'Hope can at least spend time with you tonight,' I said what I want while we both walking towards each other.
'I'll let you know. Or maybe we should just plan tomorrow? If you are free. I don't have anything to do tomorrow,'
'I like that idea. My tomorrow is for you. Early morning, let's go cycling. I'll pick you up,'
'Okay. See you tomorrow morning. Bye,' She said and get into her car.

I wait for her to drive away before I make a move into the house, straight away to Lei's room. He's awake and just done with shower, his hair is wet.

'What are you doing here still so early?' He asked, looked so surprise while his eyes check on the big clock on his bedroom wall.
'I have something to tell you and if I don't tell you now, I'm not sure I have the courage again,'
'Okay, let's go down, eat together. I'm hungry. You can tell me while eating,' He said and every steps that I take after that makes me nervous.

The foods are already prepared on the table when we both take a seat in the dining room.
'Is Xia wake up already?' Lei ask one of the maid.
'Yes, she already went out,'
'Uh? So early?'
'I bumped into her just now. She went out with Sanchai and Hye Joo,' I interrupt.

Lei only nod while eating his foods. I feel so awkward, it's my first time feeling awkward with Lei. I'm not sure about his reaction. Lei is a good friend and I respect him. We never talk about the possiblity of any of us fall in love with each other's siblings. But we always listen to Lei telling us about how much he loves Xia and will do anything to make her safe and happy.