Chapter 3 : NEW LIFE

XIA

EDITED

I managed to wake up early that morning, and my ankle still hurts but it feels better. At least i got no problem to walk. Lei already wait for me outside my bedroom when i steps out from her room. On this first day, i just go with a simple flowery dress and cardigan while my hair, i tied it into a messy bun.

'In case you need help to walk,' Lei said immediately when i give him a judging look.
'I think my ankle feel better today,' i said while testing my ankle.
'Okay then, but dont you want to put ice for a while?'
'uhm. If we still got time then okay,'
'Good! Lets breakfast first then i'll help you,' Lei still need to help me walk down the stairs unfortunately.

'Good morning kids,' Dad greet us and put his newspaper down. Then his eyes spot my ankle and my palm which the wound already dry.
'What happen to you girl?' My stepmom asks first before my dad open his mouth, maybe about to ask the same question.
I just stay quite, take a seat at my usual seat and even ask Lei to pass the milk, acting like i dont hear the question. I can see both of them exchange look.
'What happen Xia?' Dad asks me this time. I can hear he took a deep breath when he realized i ignore my stepmom.
'Sprained my ankle while jogging last night,' I answer him.
'And?'
'And.... Gege helped to carry me to my room and put ice at my ankle and take care of my wound,'
'Its almost 12 and she still didn't come home so i want to find her and bump into her at the gate,' Lei interrupt telling us his part.
'If its still bad, then go to the hospital, xray. Check properly,' Dad said again.
'Not that bad dad. No worries. It will be fine after 2 to 3 days i think,' I said while eating my foods.
'Hmm Lei make sure to take care of your sister and check on her,' My stepmom said this time even i can see she still feel uncomfortable about me ignoring her.
'I'm not a kid. I'll be fine,' I said. I didn't mean to answer her like that. But she should know that i can take care of myself very well. No one say anything after that and that's better.

After breakfast, Lei really put some ice at my ankle before we go out to Uni while my dad and stepmom already go to work together.

'If you have a hard time to walk or anything just give me a call, i'll go to you,' Lei said when we are on our way to go to school.
'I'm nervous,' I said while playing with my nails.
'Why? You suddenly nervous just because of starting a new life soon?'
'I don't know, i don't feel like home,'
Lei takes a deep breath and while messing with my hair, he said, 'It's going to be okay. You will be fine. Open your heart and accept slowly,'

I push away his hand, 'Stop it even its a messy bun but still with style. Don't mess it more. I don't wanna look like i didn't shower'

Lei just put his hand up, like a surrender gesture and said sorry, pretty aware that he better not do anything anymore.

I try to calm myself down by watching the scenery outside and not to think too much. Think too much can lead to overthinking and overthinking can make me stress.

We enter the Seoul University front gate and Lei drive straight away to the management building, where i can see a lot of other students walking to that main building as well.

'Just drop me at the entrance. You don't have to come with me inside. I can do it on my own. I want to find new friend here,' I said, when suddenly i have the courage.
'Are you sure? Your leg is not okay,' Lei ask and make sure that i don't forget about the condition of my ankle.
'Yes so sure! Stop stop. Just here, i want to walk like others,'
Lei stop the car and said, 'But your ankle..'
'Gege don't worry! I'll let you know if anything. Bye!' I said while my eyes still watching every other students who are walking to the main building and i immediately get myself out from the car and don't even bother to look at Lei twice.