Part 17

::See notes after the chapter::

"I thought only Skrulls could shapeshift." Praxis spoke as we settled after phasing through a few different disguises. His power had grown to fully shifting himself and holding the form for a few hours at a time.

"Lysithean is a sub-species of skrull. We share similar ancestors but aren't the same."

It made me wonder how my mother would have felt seeing Praxis. The strong and powerful man he was becoming.

He nodded at my words.
"It doesn't make sense how I have both your ability and dad's."

I tilted my head.

"When I carried you, I worried you wouldn't get my ability. Then once born, and I saw you carried your fathers deviant gene I was certain you wouldn't. Then you mimicked nebula's colors a few times as a baby. Not well, but it was enough for me to know."

I smiled softly at him.

"To know you were going to be an exceptional child."

He looked down at his hand.

"When do I depart to Terra?" Even as just a teen he was ambitious. Almost overly so.

"When you can hold your shift for longer. We can't allow any slip ups. I believe you're still working on a better cage method for the outriders, right?"

Holding a form for two hours wouldn't work on Terra for a long term spy.

He sighed and threw his head back a little.

"I've worked on that as much as I can. I'm afraid I've lost interest in the project." He spoke honestly though the words didn't settle well with me.

"You're having a block is all. Maybe a change of pace will help reinspire you."

—-

The throne room was busy a lot of the time. Usually occupied by my Titan. His thoughts alone filled up the space but today, it seemed truly quiet in the room.

My steps seemed too loud as I walked up to him though it was a stiff silence.

"Praxis seems in need of a new outlet." I spoke evenly as I climbed the few steps up to his throne.

"Growing tired of his studies already?" Thanos mulled over the thought. He didn't seem surprised at all.

"More the 'projects' as he said. He seems stuck and bored. Maybe Corvus could bring him along to the dark world with him. Corvus could use the extra hands and they'll both blend in." I suggested with a cross of my arms.

"How is his shape shifting coming along?"

"Great enough to more than handle this short mission."

Praxis was ready enough. This would be the perfect strain on his ability to strengthen it.

When Thanos didn't answer I continued.

"It's a simple scouting mission. Our sons are well trained. They can handle this."
I assured.

"Very well." He leaned back in his throne.

"Don't sound so sour." I couldn't help my smile.

He watched me a moment and my smile fell.

"What's on your mind?"

"Betrayal." He answered. The frustration now evident.

"With?"

"It started with Gamora, then the Kree Ronan. I can't help but ponder who will do it next." His hand softly ran down my side a small comfort to both of us.

"When did you start to ponder what if's?" I took his hand in mine.

"Possibly should never be ruled out." He spoke lighter. This didn't seem like him.

"Possibly also shouldn't overrule our logic." I sighed after.

"Logic seems a fluid concept as of late." He relaxed more though.

I leaned in and kissed him lightly.

"It always has."

::::::::Notes::::::::

First let me start by saying a HUGE thank you to those who have asked for more and left incredibly kind comments. I know it's been a long time since I've updated but I have a better idea with which direction I'm going to take this story.

Also, I had a question for all of you: Would you like to see a chapter from Praxis' point of view once he goes to Earth?
Comment below and let me know.