Part 9

A/N: Sorry for the long pause. This chapter for some reason gave me a lot of trouble. Enjoy!

Perfectly crafted. Immaculate potential.
But who would wield it?

This...spear was another one of Thanos' weapons. He had made a few of our other children's weapons but this one held the Mind stone. A blessed weapon in my eyes.

I reached out and gently prodded at the back end of the blade to the keen tip.

It was a beautiful scepter. The light glistened upon it. Mesmerizing.
I ran my fingers softly against the blade. Sharp. Deadly.

It was perfect.

"It's for the Asgardian."

I jumped some, cutting my finger at the sound of his baritone voice so close to me.
I looked down at the cut,my purple blood dripped some.
"Were you trying to sneak up on me?" It was rare that he was playful like that. I turned my head to look up at him in question.

"I wanted to see what you'd do." He responded seriously as he picked up the specter and analyzed it.

I tilted my head at his words.
"Don't tell me I've become one of your specimen?" I turned to him fully, watching him admire his work. We were lighthearted in our chatter today. A happy grin settled on my features.

"In the last few years, I've been studying this stone. I've discovered it has a magnitude. Sucks in a victim and can make them act erratically."

My stare turned to the spear.
"And you want to hand it to that pompous entitled-"

"You haven't taken to him at all, even after all this time." He chuckled and handed the spear to me. I could feel the power of the stone. I felt...compelled. I felt excitable yet enlightened all the while. It was intoxicating. I didn't want to put it down...not when I had it in my control...

"That feeling you have now versus when you first held it is because of a micro fiber that is consistently manipulating the stone's power. Making it a usable and compliant source." He was a man of sciences and intelligence. He never ceased to amaze me with his discovery or inventions.
"Though, it still effects the user. I can't change that. It's power levels are stable as it is for now."
I put it back down on the table somewhat against my own will.

"Giving it to Loki will compel him to complete our goal. His giddiness to gain his crown..." I thought aloud.

"The space stone isn't far, Gamora has began briefing on her mission to look for the soul stone. Within the next year or two she shall be deployed."

"What of Nebula's newest enhancement?" He leaned against the counter after asking of our daughter. I mirrored his actions.
"She should wake in a few hours. Her vision in her left eye should work at an increased rate making her more agile and a commendable shot."

He hummed at my answer. He was contented with everything in this moment.
I pushed my self away from the counter and leaned against his chest.
"You've been working hard." I observed. My hands on his face.

"You've got stubble. Bags under your eyes." I leaned up some and kisses his cheek. "Maybe you should turn in early?"

"I have a meeting tonight." His tone softened but still held its seriousness. My brows knitted together.

"May I stand in?" I asked. I knew exactly what this gathering was for. He rested his hand on my hips.

"The kree aren't reputable. I wouldn't waste your time with this."

"Then why discuss terms with them?" I squinted at the lilac man.

"Their army, resources. If allied, it could be very useful, but first, they need to prove their loyalties."

——

Loki was insufferable. He didn't believe he could benefit from training.

I considered myself a patient person but he pushed me to a new level.

Always going on about his princely training from Asgard. Why would he prattle on about the place that he clearly forsaken?

I put my head in my hands. I had another training session with him today. I couldn't stop sighing. Through all the people I had trained, he was the worst.

His goal was to make himself a martyr.
The mentality over his royalties was wearing thin. I should have broken him months ago.

I had stared at my open book. Just staring at the printed words but not retaining their meaning.

"You're stressed." Corvus' voice pulled me out of my thoughts. The lanky elf like man sat across from me. I looked into his deep orange eyes.
"I have yet to see the Asgardian's use to us." I grumbled as I slumped forward. Frustration was becoming a more and more familiar feeling these days.
I didn't like it.

My son hummed as he contemplated my whine.
"Neither have I." He offered a relaxed look with his statement.
"Though I surmise that his purpose is nonexistent for exploitation."

I scoffed and squeezed my eyes shut.

Of course...He made for the perfect pawn. How had I missed something quite like that.

"I've pushed myself too hard for training a pawn." I reached over and held his cheek.
"Your mother is getting slow in her old age." I grinned at my satire.

"Old...right." But he returned the grin.
I knew I had hundreds on thousands of years ahead of me. There were times where I felt old though. My hold released from his face.
I focused back on the book.
Reading a single line:

-When a person can't find a deep sense of meaning, they distract themselves with pleasure.-

The excerpt was...fitting.
Maybe...Loki was a hurt man? He reflected on the good times because he has literally nothing else to look to for comfort.

"When does Gamora and Nebula join the kree?" He asked as he reclined in his own seat across from me.

"A few more weeks." I advised him. Once the now teenaged girls left for Ronan's, it meant getting more down to business.

The young women didn't realize it but they were to be sent on a mission to go after the stones as well.

Between Nebula's enhancements and Gamora's growing stoic-like behavior, they've become fierce and relentless.
They have turned out perfectly.

"Ronan has been desperate to please us. With all his efforts it seemed the very least we could do was have two of our own stand with him in arms."

The blue kree had been working on strategy for his own vendettas and seemed like he could use a more sound presence around. He had tried to make our 'to-do' list smaller, to work more on what was promised to him as well.

A promise between the two men.

Destroy Xandar.

"You don't fear him pushing the girls too hard?" Corvus had a somewhat concerned look on his face. Though I knew him better than that. My brow shot up.
"Are you envious of their opportunity?"

He scoffed with a disarray of a gawk and a tsk.

"Hardly. I'm surprised Proxima didn't cross your mind as a possibility." He studied the scenery of the room as he spoke.

"Her time is better spent here. Thanos and I agreed that Gamora and Nebula need a way to prove themselves. Especially before we could truly employ them here."

I was prideful. All of my children were amazing but Proxima has something all the others seemed to lack.
Complete control of herself and completely loyal. She was the one I sent when I needed something done without a hint of failure.

"What of Praxis?" He asked of the boy.
He had grown up now as an actual child.

He was excelling with a brisk vigor. Progressing in a way that had made Thanos proud and excited to see his full potential as a grown up.

"He'll stay for now." My dear young son had so much potential. Much more potential than Loki ever did. Though we couldn't send either to Terra right now to do our biddings quite yet...

The years of scrambling and planning were just beginning to pan out. Our achievements felt more grand. It felt like our end goal was close now. Within sight.
Conceivable and tangible.