Part 14

"Is it salvagable?" I asked my son as he looked over the burnt ship from a while back. The thing was blown away by a missle sent from Terra but no one had taken the time to examine the ship. Both Praxis and I were clad in our armors along with our holographic space suits.
"Everything was either blown to dust or is too chard to save." He looked at the small bits floating around us. We had small rigs on our back that kept us from aimlessly floating away.
"Dad said this ship was only created for the Chitauri. It can't house the Outriders."
So it wasn't a complete loss then. Thanos seemed hardly affected by the loss of the ship and army.
"If there's nothing here, let's go back." I instructed the teen. He nodded and we went back up to our smaller pod. The main ship wasn't too far away. Eighty-six kliks was enough time to consider what to put the Outriders into. Once in the ship, I set the autopilot back to the main ship.
Praxis sighed and plopped down on a seat taking his space suit off. 
"Do we need cages to keep the Outriders in?" I asked also taking a seat and clicking a foot up onto another seat.
"Basically. Dad said he wanted a ship stronger than the one we allowed the Chitauri." He explained while watching the stars pass us. I took my space suit off then.
"Yes," I chuckled some then continued.
"If Terran weapons were able to take out one of our ships, it must have been weak indeed." I looked out to the stars now too.
"What if they aren't weak?" He asked suddenly. Curiosity gleamed in his grey eyes. I thought for a moment.
"Why don't you go live among them? Tell us if they are a threat or not." I suggested to him. He tsked with a roll of his eyes.
"Yeah, I'm sure I won't stand out among all the pale pink Terrans." He gave an incredulous look with his sarcasm though my face stayed the same with my seriousness.
"You may possess power and passion from your Titan father but don't forgot a Lysithean bore you." I transformed myself to disguise as a Terran. My skin turning from its natural pale green to a light Terran pink. My body shrinking from its tall size to one more fitting of a Terran female. My eyes going from their bold blue color to a calmer sky blue. My xandarian pink hair now mellowed to a strawberry blonde.
"Wha-? Does dad know you can do that?" Praxis asked with wide eyes. I nodded and stood at my now short stature. I would assume I stood around a little over five feet tall now. I looked at the color of my hair and scoffed turning it back to its natural pink while holding my terran form. My clothing and armor rested loosely on me considering I shrunk a little over two feet. My facial features remained similar but softened some to give a more Terran look.
"You can do it too as my son." I instructed and watched him closely. He relaxed a little and focused as well but nothing seemed to change about him.
"I can't." He sighs out.
"You just don't know how." I sat again, this time beside him.
"Focus on what you want to change to." I picked up his hand and held it.
"Focus on just changing your hand. Make it match my Terran color." I spoke softer as he hyper focused on his hand. I saw him clench his jaw a little. Just the tips of his fingers became a very pale purple into a white. I could see he was clenching his arm.
"It's completely mental. Relax your arm." I kept my tone soft and he relaxed as well. His skin returning to his normal lavender color.
"Keep trying." I urged on and he nodded again. This time his whole hand changed to a pale purple then slowly faded to the Terran pink color.
"Very well done." I praised. He brought his hand up closer and studied it.
"You will practice this alongside your physical training with your father. Then after you've mastered transformation, you'll spy on Terra or anywhere else we need you."
"Understood." He responded and changed his hand back to normal. The pod began to dock itself into the main ship. I smiled softly at my boy.
"I'm proud of you." My words were genuine even in my disguised form. I stood and readied to walk out as I took my natural form again.
"Even in your true form, you're still short." Praxis stood as well though he was only half a head taller than me now.
-----
In our room Thanos sat on his side of the bed. Feet on the ground, but his mind was elsewhere.
"We returned unable to salvage anything. Perhaps we left it dormant for too long." I announced to him but he responded with a hum. I stared at his back for a moment before coming over and facing him.
"Hey." I spoke softly, kneeling down to look up at him.
"The kree has stolen the stone from us." He spoke with an edge in his voice.
"What!? What of Nebula?" I asked fast, my eyes going wide with furrowed brows.
"The Stone is the priority." His voice cold.  I squinted at him. I stood up and walked away from him. I was unable of saying anything rational in that moment. I proceeded to take off my armor and put it in its respected place.
'Yet another hitch in the master plan. The stone was too raw a power for a Kree such as him to hold. I should send Corvus to tie up the loose end and retrieve The Stone." He stood now and approached me.
"Saros, don't get sentimental over Nebula. She hates you as much as she hates me." His words were brutally honest and something I honestly needed to hear.
"I know." I spoke above a whisper somewhat numbly.
"Gamora's agenda and actions will lead her to give The Stone to the Nova Corp." He was sure of that?
"You can guarantee that?" I turned and looked at him again.
"She's tough but she's more interested in escaping from us. The Nova Corp could promise her that if nothing else."