Part 12

A/n: Thanks to a loyal reader(SkyOwl15141), I was able to fix the horrific errors in the chapter~ Thanks again!

It didn't shock me when I heard the news of Loki failing on Terra. If anything it gave me something to gloat about momentarily. Though, his failure wasn't just his. It was ours as well. With the Chitauri, and their warship blown to bits we had a few set backs to consider.

Loki was back in Asgardian custody. He could easily compromise us if he was easily manipulated or forced to talk.

Our army was gone. We weren't defenseless but we felt the dent in our infantry.

The loss of the Mind Stone was frustrating as well. Terran's have a bad habit of putting their greasy fingers on everything and their noses everywhere else. Getting the stone back wouldn't be so hard but back tracking isn't a fun option to explore.

The worst loss we felt was a failure on the Asgardian's behalf. He had failed to retrieve the Tesseract for us. The raven haired man wasn't aware but the Tesseract held the Space Stone. It would have been the next vital most piece.

Though, I suppose we were too optimistic to assume all would go well.
Thanos was frustrated for a few days. He stowed away in his labs and dove deep into another weapon of sorts to create. I'd come by and keep him company but he mainly listened.

It wasn't until our youngest entered the lab and began poking around. Then Thanos seemed to settle more. Praxis was shaping up well. Things were a little less hectic with Nebula and Gamora having been gone for a while now.

My son had told me often about how Nebula especially was a shit stirrer. It wasn't new news but it was somewhat entertaining to hear about it from him.
Praxis was a lot like his dad in the regard of brains. He was excellent curricularly, loved to tinker and always had something to actually say appose to just speaking for the sake of it.

He was growing fast too. He was almost as tall as I was. I could tell he wasn't going to be as broad as his father though. He had a thinner physique like me but possessed that intense Titan strength.

Tonight was another night they both worked in the labs together. I'd hear things break or a sound of surging electricity but it only seemed to lull me to sleep.
--

"Mom."

"Hmm?" I answered. I felt dazed waking up.

"Dad and I want to show you something." My son spoke. I cracked an eye open and looked at the teen looking down at me.

"Okay, okay, I'm awake." I yawned.
"What time is it?" I asked as I stretched.

"Not sure, we've been up all night." He spoke backing up some so I could rise. I stretched again once on my feet. When was I put into my bed?

"Lead the way." I instructed as we began toward the bedroom door. I followed him out as I put my tangled pink strands into very loose space buns.

"What is it that I'll be seeing?" I asked the lavender colored teen.

"We made a new species. Completely controllable and unharnessable by others." He spoke evenly but I could sense the excitement in his tone. That awoke me more than a bucket of water could've.

As we entered the lab, I saw my love bent down some looking at something in a small cage of sorts. Praxis and I walked over to where he was. Curiosity was eating at me as I looked at the cage expectantly.

I bent down to look in the cage beside Thanos but nothing was there.
"What is it?" I asked the older of the two. I couldn't see anything in the cage.

"I think it's nervous." Praxis approached as well sticking a finger into the cage. Through the small gesture a small dark blob seemingly formed out of nothing. It was small. No bigger than a dinner plate. It had small squinty milky white eyes with a hinged looking jaw. Kind of gross looking. It's skin almost seemed oily or something.

The being had six ligaments though the back two seemed to bend more like legs as the front four looked and moved like arms. The being came up to the offered finger and held onto it. It rubbed it's head against the finger almost affectionately. The power from this being came from the back legs, if made bigger it could cause some serious damage. Even small and young I understood the design of the creature...The Chitauris replacement.
"Three digits and a thumb?" I asked looking at its grasp on my son.

"That was my idea. The smallest finger is useless in it's shortness. We decided three digits all the same length for a stronger grip and better dexterity. Longer thumb too." The younger explained.

"And you made this in a night?" I looked at the two Titans. Thanos chuckled and shook his head.
"We've been tinkering and fine tuning the deoxyribonucleic acid. Once we broke through basic genetic coding we begun on creating the specimen."

"And what is it made from?" I watched the being in it's cage as Praxis removed his finger from it.

"Little here, a little there." Praxis says with a shrug.

"Is it molecularly stable?" I looked at it closer.

"Metastable at best for now." Thanos says eyeing the specimen as it crawled closer toward me in it's cage.

"I've took to calling it an Outrider." Praxis grabs a small something and drops it into the cage. The 'Outrider' grabbed it and retreated to the back of it's cage.
"It's purpose is to complete a given task, willing to complete it for the prize of death or to die trying." Thanos explained as I leaned against the counter.

"I'm assuming the meeting with the Kree and our daughters didn't go well?"  I looked up at him.
"Time wasted. They move at a glacial pace and my nerve wears thin." He tells me. I put my pale green hand onto his larger lavender colored one.

"It's only been a year and a half that they've been with Ronan. Keep a clear mind for now. This Outrider project will be perfect considering the Asgardian wasted a good amount of resources on Terra." I encouraged.

A soft contented grin came to his features.

"Sorry for waking you so early. Should put you back into bed." He states.

Ah, so that's how I got there earlier. I probably did have some bags under my eyes.

"No, I think-Ah!" I squeaked as he picked me up into his arms and put me over his shoulder with a pat on my bottom for good measure. I giggled at the compromising way he held me.

"Really?" I asked him though I was clearly smiling.

"Ew," Praxis grumbled as he turned and busied himself with something else.