Part 7

A/N: Sorry for the delay. This chapter was really difficult for me and I'm still not quite happy with it but enjoy~
Thanks for all the reads,votes and comments!

——

Haumea.

A dwarf planet.

Home to none.

Atmosphere: nontoxic.

I stood at the forefront of the ship looking out at where we had landed.

It was a place of pure white sands. It was a planet that was shrouded by a dusty wind.
I led my children out behind me as my boots crunches slightly into the sand.

"It won't take us long to locate it." Ebony's confidence was close to boastful. His steps were right behind mine.

"Let us search. The sooner we have it the closer we are to completing our mission." I commanded.

The reality was I shouldn't have been out in the first place. I knew I had a long talk ahead of me with Thanos.

Ebony moved some matter of the planet around in search of it. His abilities always made me a pinch jealous. It looked so effortless yet terrifying if you had to face against him.

He shifted the dirts and dusts of the planet around as he levitated east bound in a heap of rock around him.

"Obsidian." I spoke evenly, grabbing his attention.

"We'll travel the west." My children all split up after that, taking different directions. It was small enough to cover by foot for the day.

Though as the hours went on, I became dreary.

This planet was...bland. Nothing for miles each way. I huffed frustratedly. The stone has buried itself here clearly to just make me frustrated.

But then...seemingly out of no where, a tree came into view. A single, small, frail looking tree. Almost translucent bark and dim glowing pines. If given the chance it could be beautiful...

"This was the planets attempt on life?" I almost couldn't tear my eyes away from it as my mumbled words left my mouth.  The tree reminded me of something...someone.

Obsidian scoffed forcing me out of my thoughts. His arms crossed as he looked of. He was still such a child. It made me wonder why Thanos had allowed him to go onto missions with such an attitude.

He was impatient despite my best efforts to teach him some and his over bearing strength made him a handful when he was fitful.

"You're right, lets keep moving."

—-

The trip back wasn't long. With my lovers prize in my palm I felt worthy to be called his. Completely such a task shouldn't have been as easy as it was...but I wasn't about to complain.

There wasn't a thing I wouldn't do for him. Though, the titan had wanted a house wife. I had disobeyed and left...

It was justified, I felt. I left with full intention on coming back with a stone and I hadn't disappointed

Maybe showing up with a stone will only make it break even.

Still clad in my armor, I moved quickly through our halls. I was giddy to show him what we had accomplished.

"Mother, you're back." Nebula called matching my pace as she held my small son.

"I am, my dear. How was he?" My urgency lessened as I saw my youngest son in her arms going in and out of falling asleep. His head would dip and his eyes would flutter shut but then he would pop his head up acting as if it hadn't happened.

"Mama." He called in his tired tone. His arms out stretched towards me.
I took the lavender child into my arms. The stone still clutched in my right hand.

—-

I entered Thanos' throne room to see him not there.

Strange.

"Papa?" Praxis asked in his small tired voice.
"Yes, I'm trying to find him." I assure the small boy in a soft voice.

If not in the throne room, then he very well was in his lab working on something else.

I pushed the door open to his lab to see said man hunched over a table, scribbling something down.

"Papa!" Praxis exclaimed. Thanos turned and saw us both there. He stood and took our small one from my arms.
"Where did you sneak off to?" He asked me. I couldn't read his tone.
I held up my closed fist, opening up my fingers to reveal the mind stone.

"I come bearing gifts for you, my love." It glowed softly in my palm.

"You went alone?" He asked sounding frustrated. Which I scoffed.

"I took our eldests." My tone kept its same softness. He raised his hand to grab it from my palm but I closed my fist.

"Not without a proper hello." A small smile overtook my lips. He lowered his hand.

His eyes bore into mine for a moment more before he leaned and kissed my lips softly.

"Welcome home." His deep voice raspy. I put my hand into his giving him the stone as I intertwined our fingers. My other hand resting on his chest.

"That's much better."