Part 5

A/N:
Sorry for the delay~
I'm already working on the next chapter but I wanted to hear your opinions! In the next chapters what would you like to read? I'm writing a lemon for this story but I don't know if anyone is interested in that. Leave a comment and let me know!

As always, thanks for the comments, votes and reads!
——

"You don't have to come along." The tall lavender titan reminded me.
"Ebony is watching Praxis. It's alright."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to go out on a mission. It had been a while and I was beginning to feel bogged.

When I became pregnant, I was benched from our project to make sure everything went smoothly with Praxis. Now our little grape was almost five months which means I would get back into the field once again. I had waited long enough.

I slid my chest piece on and secured it.

Another planet, another balanced part of our universe. Population control for those who couldn't. Retribution in full stride.

"How would you feel about being just a mom?" He grabbed my vambracers before I could. He questioned me honestly, he wasn't belittling or malicious. Just curious.

"That's what you want." It wasn't a question. I knew him too well, since I had had our son he wanted me to solely focus on that. His transparency on the subject recently has made it almost feel like a chore appose to taking care of our child.

"Our operation is delicate." He placed the pieces of my armor down as he spoke. I took my helmet off and set it down.

"Before we became lovers, all those centuries ago, I promised my allegiance to you. You haven't steered me wrong ever. If you think this is best..."

He huffed a chuckle at my wind up.

"Saros, you're the adhesive to all of this." He undid my chest armor and took it off of me. I stood in my thermal under armor.

"I need you to stay where I know you're safe." His hands now on my hips.

"You can't cage me either." I was frustrated. I loved my children but I couldn't let him do all the work either. I rested my hands on his chest.

"I may have something for you to descry, if your boredom over takes." He always seemed to have a task or two that needed done. I guess it couldn't hurt to work on that.

"What will you have me do?" I asked looking up into his light blue eyes.

"I need to start locating the Infinity Stones. They're hard to get hands on. I'll have you work closely with Ebony to gather information on them in the field and track their movements here."

"And what can these stones do?" I asked him. He leaned down and kissed me.

"I can complete our goal with a snap of my fingers."

——

"Ebony, we've received a task." I padded into his room. Praxis was asleep on his bed.

"With?" He gave me his complete attention as I sat beside my youngest son.

"We will pinpoint the location of the Infinity Stones, for Thanos. We won't fail." I brushed some of my baby's white soft locks.

The maw walked up beside me and watched as I interacted with his sibling.

"Without fail, I will help lead you to them."

"Good." I relaxed my body a little more.

"Something the matter?" His tone picked up a little.

"When you see me, what do you see?" Ebony was my most intelligent child thus far. I often seeked after his opinion.

"A woman, a warrior and a mother. But today, I see someone who's anxious." He was right. I did feel anxious.

"Do you see someone frail?"