Part 8

A/n: Hello all, a reader messaged me and wanted to do a Q&A for this story. So if you have any questions, leave it in the comments. Thanks for the votes and reads~!

"State your name."

"I am Loki Laufeyson, God of mischief, and the rightful king of Asgard." The raven haired man stood before us. The asgardian had quite literally bumped into our ship causing a Chitauri response. Thus, you have our current predicament.

The so called 'king' had apparently left Asgard. Must have been some ruler...

Thanos was displeased to be interrupted for this, so far, puny arrogant being.
The Titan rested his cheek against his fist as he sat on his throne. Boredom evident.

I stood beside him, leaning against the side of the throne. I felt frustrated as well. This was rare, someone just stumbling upon us. It made me feel too out in the open.

Two of the Chitauri soldiers held him in place as he spoke to us. Though, the pale man didn't fuss about. What was his plan?

One didn't just drift anywhere. We had reason to be on a high enough alert since we had gained an infinity stone a few weeks back. Now this, stranger, appears sucking up to us all?

"He drifted through space toward us. He could be of use to us." Proxima stated as she stood a few feet in front of him.

"Are you standing in his defense, daughter?" Thanos' voice boomed. She put her fist to the middle of her chest in salute. I could see her orange eyes gleam with a pinch of fear. My lover's temper was not something to play with.

"Not ever, Father. Just an observation." Her accent carried thicker.

"What can you do, child?" I asked Loki. He was thin, sickly looking almost. I doubt we could find use of him.

"I can provide what ever service needs carrying out. I was a king, I want that again. So, let us make a deal. For weapons and an army, I'll do whatever bidding you desire." His crystal blue eyes clearly aimed to boast and butter us up but neither of us would be so easily swayed. He was a slime ball.

"Anything for a golden crown." I crossed my arms.

"I rule well, M'lady." He helps my gaze making me frustrated. I held back an eye roll.

"You will be supervised and housed with the Chitauri until you've earned our trust, boy." Thanos decreed. Though, the raven headed Asgardian seemed displeased with this ruling.

"I can guarantee victory in your name, Thanos. Give me the proper tools and I will not fail you." He seems to plead in his pompous tongue. His eyes spoke of a more honest plea with the sympathetic way his eyebrows furrowed up.

"We'll see about that." He dismisses the boy with a wave of his hand.

——

Praxis was finally asleep. My body ached for rest but my brain was incredibly active. I felt like this day just wouldn't end and I was already frustrated with tomorrow. I lost count of how many times I had sighed.

"You're upset." The lavender man was looking at me. I could feel it, though my back was to him.

"No." I sat on the edge of bed, heavily attempting to relax but to no avail.

"Really?" He hums. This guy knew me way to well.

"I don't trust him. We should have executed him and been done with it." I watched the rise and fall of our sons breath while he laid asleep in his crib as I spoke.

"He's expendable. No loss if he dies."

I turned and looked at him.
"We have a lot to lose. The son of the strongest being in the universe and an infinity stone?" My frustration showed.

"Do you think I'd let something happen to either of those things?" His face remained calm.

"That's not the point, he's unpredictable. That makes him dangerous. Asgardians are filthy creatures, ravaging for their own livelihood. I want him gone." My voice was  strict. His eyes bore into mine. It almost felt like a challenge. I looked away first. I always did.

"I'm sorry." I looked down. His hand lifted my chin.

"Do you trust me?" His eyes were softer now but his brow was a little furrowed.

"More than myself." I admitted honestly. His touch was comforting and made me feel like curling up in his arms. Wrapped up in all the security he gave me.

"I'll personally kill him if he tries anything, my love."