Chapter One: Reunion

George POV

Today was the first day that I would see my old friends in over three years. To say I was nervous would be an understatement.

We all tried to stay in touch when I had first left but over time, we all just grew apart, or more accurately, they grew apart from me.

I don't blame them though, it's difficult to stay in contact with someone who lived an ocean away and didn't really put in the effort to stay close.

It's not like I meant to drift apart from my friends, in fact, it was the last thing I wanted to happen. But it almost hurt more to try and keep a wilting friendship alive than to simply cut it out of my life.

Maybe that's why I didn't tell any of them that I was back.

I had moved back to England for my grandparents, neither of them was doing well at the time and my mom wanted to be close to help them, or to prepare for the worst. It ended up being the second outcome.

My mom was hesitant to return to the states after the funerals, her reasoning being that "an omega such as myself should not be tempting the unruly alphas".

My counterargument was that it would've been the easiest way for me to transition to college there.

Even after taking my schooling into consideration she still wasn't budging, until she brought up the requirement for me to go on scent suppressants constantly if I were to return.

I reluctantly agreed.

So here I was, standing outside of my old school. My legs locked in place.

It should be easy, just walk in, find them, and everything will be back to normal.

But it's not that easy.

What if they forgot about me? Are they even still friends with each other? Would they be upset that I ghosted all of them for a year and a half?

A lot can change in three years.

Just as I was about to turn around and head back to my bike, a voice called out behind me.

"George?" I whipped my head around to see a familiar beta, his white headband blowing in the light breeze. His mouth hung open.

I smiled and sheepishly waved.

"Hey Sap," is all I could get out.

He dropped his bag and sprinted towards me, embracing me in a large bear hug. We almost fall from the amount of momentum he built up.

"How–wha–what are you doing here? Why didn't you tell anyone you're back?" He exclaimed, slightly muffled by having his face in my shoulder. I take in a shuddered breath, trying to inhale his scent, it's dull but he smells faintly like nutmeg.

I didn't realize how much I missed it.

"We decided to come back for my senior year. Easier for college y'know?" I responded, my chin bouncing against his shoulder. "And I wanted my long-awaited return to be a surprise."

"You always were so fucking dramatic," Nick chuckled, finally letting go of me. He stared at my face for a moment, making eye contact with me for a moment before I darted my eyes away. I could feel my face heating up as he continued to study me.

"You finally grew into your ears," He said smugly.

"And you're still a dick," I growled. Nick broke into giggles as he ran back to grab his backpack.

"C'mon let's go see everyone else before the bell rings," he said, placing a firm hand on my shoulder. We walked through the doors into the main hall of the school.

We weave through the other students that are mingling in the hall until we reach the senior area, the place we would always marvel at from afar. I spotted two familiar faces sitting on the couch in the far corner, both on their phones.

"Yo losers! Look who's here!" Nick hollered as he wrapped his arm around both my shoulders. The two looked up from their phones, I gave a little wave.

"George?! Holy cow you're back!" Karl yelled as he jumped up from his seat, Alex following soon after. Both collided into my chest, squeezing me in a tight group hug.

"Yeah, I'm back. Did you miss me?" I teased. I could feel Karl nodding against me, and Alex gripping tighter onto my shirt. Karl's pure sugar scent was almost suffocating being this close, it was obvious he was not on suppressants, he must've come out of his heat. It certainly drowned out any possibility of me picking up on Alex's scent, which would've been difficult anyway since he's a beta.

Finally, we let go of each other and settled on the couch.

As we're waiting for the bell to ring, catching up on the time we missed together, I realize that there is someone missing.

"Hey guys, where's Clay? He's usually here by now right?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, he was here earlier. He needed to meet with the principal before classes start," Alex replied.

"Why was he meeting with the principal?"

"Dunno. He didn't say."

I noticed that both Karl and Nick make eye contact at Alex's remark. Their expressions looked severe. Nick let out a sigh before turning towards me, Karl returning his gaze back to his phone.

"Listen George. There's something that happened a while ago that you need to know about. It's about Cl–" the bell rings, signaling for students to start making their way to their first period.

"Oh shit! I forgot to get my schedule!" I exclaimed, quickly picking my backpack off the floor. "I see you guys at lunch right?"

"Yes, but can I just finish–"

"Tell me at lunch I gotta go man," I said as I started to jog to the door.

I guess this was easier than I thought. 

____________________________________________

973 words

first chapter pog 

ily <3