Chapter Six: Reminisce

George POV 

The night air was cool against my face as I peddled quickly along the side of the road. I felt the pair of hands that were placed on my shoulders tighten, the boy behind me standing on the sides of the bike tires.

He was laughing at some joke he had just made, almost collapsing onto my back from his wheezing.

"Dream c'mon it wasn't that funny," I giggled.

"That's such a lie you're laughing!" The boy exclaimed behind me.

"No, I'm laughing at your laugh. That's different."

"Oh yeah okay. Whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better," Dream quipped.

I rolled my eyes as we turned down a poorly lit sidewalk. In the distance, I could make out our destination.

It was an abandoned playground, hidden away by the overgrown shrubbery that surrounded it. This was a place that was for just the two of us, not even Sapnap knew about it. Although to be fair, we had only found this place a couple of days ago.

Ever since we had discovered it during our late-night bicycle rides, we've been coming here to just unwind and get away from everything, although a part of me wished that it wasn't at such late hours of the night.

It's a nice distraction though, considering what is happening tomorrow for Dream.

We hopped off the bike and rested it on the broken bench that sat on the edge of the wood chips. Dream had already run ahead and started to climb the delicate structure. I was quick to follow.

"Would you slow down! God, how are you so hyper it's almost three am?" I panted as I tried to catch up to the boy ahead of me.

Dream only let out a small wheeze as he continued to climb on top of the roof of one of the towers.

"C'mon Georgie hurry up! I'm lonely," he whined.

"Well, you wouldn't be lonely if you had waited for me," I said as I crested over the rim of the roof, making my way to sit next to him.

I land next to him with a sigh, breathing somewhat heavy from not doing any form of physical activity, ever. Dream wrapped his arms around my shoulders and started to dramatically fake cry.

"You took so long!" He cried out loudly, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. I felt my cheeks heat up but tried to play it off.

"Y-you could've waited for me y'know, you don't always need to be the first at everything," I said, leaning the opposite direction of him, trying to signal that hug time was over. He let go and leaned back over to his side.

"Of course I do! How else am I supposed to show everyone that I'm so amazing?" He hollered, falling onto his back, his arms swinging dramatically.

"Dream would you be quiet! It's late," I said in a hushed voice, suddenly very aware of the surrounding neighborhoods.

"Georgie, you need to stop being so afraid of other people's opinions," He said as he sat back up. A smile spread across his face as he stood up, but still held eye contact with me. "No one is going to care what we do, alright? Watch this–" He broke out into a very, very loud scream, putting his hands close to his mouth to make the sound travel even more.

I jumped up and covered his mouth.

"Dream stop it! I swear to god you're going to get us arrested!" I whispered-yelled at him, taking my hands away from his mouth. His body collapsed into a wheezing mess, almost falling off of the small roof that held us. I hold on tightly to his arms, trying to balance him as he deflated.

"You–you should've se–en your face!" He tried to get out in between wheezes. I rolled my eyes as I sat back down, giving up on looking out for his safety.

He could fall off and break his arm for all I care.

Dream finally calmed down from his laughing fit and sat down next to me again. I rested my head on my hand, which was balanced on my knee. We didn't say anything. We didn't need to.

We sat in comfortable silence, watching the clouds drift over the stars. In all honesty, I thought it was kind of silly to be out here right now, considering what is happening for Dream tomorrow. At the same time, I knew that he wanted a distraction from it, or at least one more night without any form of responsibility.

After a few moments, I turned my head to see a very sleepy Dream. I guess all his energy had dissipated, he must be coming down from his energy drink high.

I watched as he so desperately tried to stay awake. His eyelids falling every couple of seconds, his head nodding to the side ever so slightly.

"Dream we should go back if you're falling asleep," I said as I nudged his shoulder. He let out a hum and leaned to the side, resting his head on my shoulder, my cheeks once again giving off a pink tint.

"I don't want the night to end," he mumbled.

"Why's that?"

"Cause then it'll be tomorrow."

I take a moment to gather my next response. I hadn't realized he was this nervous about it, although now that I think about it, I don't know who wouldn't be a little on edge the night before.

"I don't think there's anything to be nervous about. I'm pretty sure we all know what dynamic you're going to end up being," I said, chuckling lightly in an attempt to keep the mood up.

"That's what I'm afraid of," he said. I frowned, not understanding where his fear was coming from.

"Why would you be afraid of being an alpha Dreamie?"

He let out a yawn before he spoke. "I-I don't want people to change how they look at me, just because of how other alphas are. I won't be like them."

It was a lot for my sleep-deprived brain to process, so I opted for a way out of this conversation and a way back to my bed. I stood up and stretched before I began to make my way down from the roof. Dream caught his falling head as I stood up, he must've almost been asleep.

"Watch you turn out to be an omega, god that would be a hell of a twist," I snickered. Dream exhaled sharply out of his nose, which would be the closest thing I was getting to a laugh at this point.

We left the playground and made our way back to the bike, Dream lazily climbing onto it as I patiently waited.

The entire ride back was silent, Dream rested his head on my shoulder and had his arms loosely around my stomach, which was full of butterflies. I pulled up to Dream's house, the lights were off, everyone inside fast asleep, hopefully. Thankfully Dream wasn't entirely passed out on my back and was able to pry himself off of me and my bike.

We waved goodbye to each other, knowing that we would be seeing each other in just a few hours. Just as he was about to turn around to start heading to the door, I spoke.

"Happy birthday Dreamie."

***

I blinked my eyes open, the light in my room was unnecessarily bright.

What a cruel way of reminding me of what I was missing, who I was missing.

My mind was truly heartless for making me relive the old times, back when Clay spoke, before I had moved, before he was discovered to be an alpha. It was all so much simpler then, no suppressants, no heats, no worrying.

What a paradise we lived in. 

_________________________________

1307 words

i'm so tired but I can't fall asleep so ig its writing time 

thanks for all of the reads and votes I really appreciate it 

don't be shy I would love to see some comments! 

alright ima try to go to bed now 

ily <3