Chapter 2

The light breeze felt cool on Sam's face as she walked to school, no text from Jessi yet thankfully. She could see what seemed to be a good amount of rain clouds in the distance, hopefully if it did rain it wouldn't last long. She felt a buzz in her pocket, checking her phone dreadfully. And a message popped up on her phone from none other than Jessi. The text told her to meet her outside the gym.

   Replying with a thumbs up she continued her journey, getting to school after another 5 minutes.

   Not wanting to keep the Goliath waiting she made her way to the gym. However when she got there, no Jessi in sight. She swiveled around, trying to find her but Jessis was nowhere to be seen. But, if she happened to appear in a few minutes, Sam stuck around.

   Leaning against the wall with her eyes closed, listening to the rustle of footsteps of student passing by left and right, Sam distinctly noticed the faint light through her eyelids got darker, like something obstructed all light from her front.

"So, I see you're still obeying." Sam let out a sigh and opened her eyes to see again her tomenter for a good few years, who recently found a way to torment her even more.

"Well not like I got any other choice really."

"True, true. Quite a predicament I've put you in haven't I?" Jessi gave a cocky smile at that remark.

"So what did you want?"

"Oh nothing really. Just wanted to see if you were still doing what I tell you to do. And I see you are. Actually, now that I think about, I do have something for you to do later, during lunch go to the corner bathrooms, not many people go to those so it'll be the perfect spot."

"Perfect spot for what?"

"You'll see." Jessi smiled then ruffled Sam's hair a bit before letting out a small laugh and walking off. Sam just shook her head a bit, before walking to class before the bell.

   Unfortunately lunch came a bit quick to Sam's dismay. But she knew better than to disobey, so she made her way to the agreed destination. Finding no Jessi or any of her lackeys in sight, again she stands to wait. Not a few minutes later the group of four, but this time five, Jessi dragging a clearly nerdy boy along. Jessi slowed down a bit to acknowledge Sam.

"Keep watch for us, K?" Then a quieter voice from the boy comes up.

"Help me." Sam can't really do anything in the situation except watch as she drags him around the corner. Sam can barely hear the conversation.

"So nerd alert, got the work done?" Jessi starts saying to the boy, who replies in a shaky and scared voice.

"U-um, I-I have m-most of it d-done."

"Heh. Most? *SMACK* Most isn't good enough. Finish the rest by the end of lunch, or you'll get more than a smack next time." The boy recoils from the sudden slap, seeming to become more fearful.

"Y-yes ma'am."

"Good, now beat it pipsqueak." Sam heard rapid footsteps from behind her. She turned around to see the boy, rubbing his face, run full sprint past her back to safety.

   Around the corner she sees the four horsemen of the apocalypse, the other three yelling out taunts at the boy while Jessi smiles. She tells the girls to go on without her as she stops in front of Sam, letting out what seems to be a sigh of relief.

   "Thanks for being a lookout real quick. Although, not like you had much choice anyway." At that Sam nodded a little bit for slowly speaking up.

"Is that all you needed me for?" In a slow and quiet tone.

"Actually, for now yes, that might be it for the day." Jessi then starts to walk off before stopping and turning back around. "Oh, actually now that I think about it." She then extends her arm out. "Sandwich." Sam lets out a small scoff before rummaging through her bag, taking out one of two of the sandwiches and tossing it. Jessi catches it perfectly, only seeming to slightly dent the bread. "Thanks. Till next time." This time she actually walks away, while unwrapping the sandwich. Sam just leans against the wall, slowly creeping down till she's sitting, resigning to just eating her lunch next to the less than desirable restrooms.