Chapter 18

Sam stared up at the ceiling of their room at the resort, their plane landed a few hours ago. They basically went straight to the resort, checking into their room. They had two weeks to sightsee, might as well have gotten that done first. Already she missed Jessi, she wished she could have come, but understood it was probably best she didn't.

   Now, she vowed to get a job that made enough money for them to come back years later, she could picture it. Holding eachother's hands as the plane landed, Sam pointing out specific places as they rode to the resort in a Taxi, checking in while the receptionist got an eyeful of Jessi's stature, not feeling jealous at all, then immediately as they entered their room, Jessi locked the door so they could get down to business on their honeymo-...Sam shook her head slightly after that piece of her fantasy entered her mind.

   She chastised herself, this wasn't the time to be fantasizing about her future with Jessi, about how this very room would be the same one they stayed in for their honey-, she sat up and slapped herself hard.

"Jeez, did a bug land on your cheek or something?" She heard her mother say, she didn't notice her leaving the bathroom from tidying herself up, and got a front row seat to Jessi's rather tame self-harm. She gave her mother a sheepish smile.

"Uh, yeah! That's why..." Her eyes looked away in embarrasment, her cheek slightly red cheek going even brighter with a blush. Her mother laughed a little as she sat next to Sam.

"Got someone on your mind?" Sandra nudged Sam with her elbow.

"Don't you mean something?" Sam turned to look at her.

"Nope, I know what I said."

"Well, um..uh..I can't help it..." Sandra reached over and took Sam's hand.

"I don't wanna be mean, but can you try a little harder? We came here to relax and have fun, not sulk and worry. Although, if you want, we don't have to do anything today, we can just relax in here, maybe explore the building a bit if you'd like...or I can do that while you sit on this bed all day talking to Jessi."

   Sam smiled a little and tightened her grip lightly.

   "Well...at least thirty minutes. That sound fair?" Sandra smiled back.

"Yeah, that's fine. Plus you gotta tell her the flight was fine and that the plane didn't crash." Sam's eyes widened a bit.

"Oh fuck! I forgot to text her!" Sam stood up and looked around for her phone, Sandra cleared her throat to get her attention. Sam looked at her in confusion, Sandra pointed to Sam's pocket, which had a distinct phone shape in it.

   Sam let out a groan of frustration at herself before taking her phone out, but instead of texting, she goes for a video chat. With a look of amusement, Sandra took that as the cue to leave, telling Sam to call her when they were done. Sam gave a thumbs up as a reply.

   After a few rings, Jessi popped up on her phone smiling. Her head took up most of the screen, enough was showing that Sam could deduce she was wearing a black tank top, and the background looked like her room.

"Hey you." Jessi said with a wink, causing Sam to blush once more, butterflies formed in her stomach.

"Oh, hey, uh, sorry I forgot to text when I landed. We just wanted to get to our room and it slipped my mind. My Mom JUST reminded me, and-"

"Sam, you're rambling, it's ok, I'm not mad." Sam could tell she was telling the truth from the smile that was still on her face, which caused her to smile too.

"I didn't wake you did I?"

"Far from it, been awake since you left. There's something I'd like to show you though." Sam's eyebrow raised in curiosity.