Food

A few days had passed, Izuku was currently playing Mario Kart with Hari. They were waiting for Kai to deliver their dinner for the day. 

Izuku was having the time of his life, he wore a beaming grin, aggressively pressing and moving the controls on the Joy-Con. He was trying his best to win the Grand Prix. 

Hari observed the excitement on the boy’s face and slowed his kart down for Izuku to get first place. Izuku whizzed down the track, reaching first place. Hari went to the 7th position, he allowed the NPCs to go ahead of him. Quickly becoming 10th. The 11th and 12th characters behind him were too far behind. If he allowed them to go in front of him, Izuku would notice what he was doing.

“Hari! You’re 10.” Izuku highlighted with improper English. 

Hari smiled, even though Izuku couldn’t see it, due to looking at the screen. “Yes I am, but look! You’re first, so much better than I” 

Izuku looked at Hari’s character on the split-screen, “yeah I’m!” 

Hari clashed against one of the item boxes, earning a blue shell. He watched the boy’s screen waiting until an NPC overcame Izuku’s first place. 

“Look! You have blue shell, use Hari.” Izuku exclaimed while tugging on Hari’s raincoat, keeping one hand on the controller. 

“But you’ll lose first place, I don’t want to be the one responsible for your loss,” Hari explained while keeping an eye on both screens. 

Izuku stopped tugging and frowned, but he was too late, an NPC came zooming past reaching first place. Knocking Izuku into second.

He gasped, “No!” 

Hari found the opening and clicked on the item button. The blue shell zipped through the track, passing every character.

“Izuku watch out!” 

Izuku slowed down his kart just a bit so that the other NPCs can get hit by the blue explosion. The blue shell hit the ground causing the higher positioned characters to get stuck for a few seconds. Izuku took the chance and reached first place. 

The finish line was in sight, “Yay!” Izuku cried out. Seeing no one near him on the mini-map, he pumped one fist into the air. 

In a few seconds, Izuku won the race. Winning the Grand Prix. 

Once he had reached the finish line, Hari increased his speed, zooming past multiple NPCs. Izuku watched intensely, he cheered Hari on. 

“Go go go!” 

The kart went past the finish line, making Hari get 5th place. 

Amongst, their excitement, Kai walked in with dinner. 

“Wow, Hari! Did great, oh wow!” Izuku congratulated with huge arm movements. 

Hari chuckled, he went to the home screen and turned the Switch off. He lightly grabbed Izuku’s hips and pulled him onto his lap. 

Izuku smiled and nuzzled into Hari’s raincoat. 

“You did amazing as well Izuku. First place, wow that’s intense. I would never be able to reach that.” He reasoned while petting Izuku’s curls. 

Kai placed the food onto the table they prepared a while ago.

“But but! You would.” Izuku protested bringing his head up. 

The smells of yummy fumes of food reached his nose and felt his stomach growl. 

“Looks like someone is hungry” Hari bopped Izuku’s nose with his index finger.