Switch

After talking to Kai, Izuku slept calmly for the whole night. He didn't have any dreams about Kacchan or Deku, which he was rather happy about. Izuku would always have good or dreamless nights after Kai or Hari talk to him before he sleeps; something about them made him so happy and sleepy.

However, without one of them, he has the harshest time falling asleep; he gets scared and anxious about practically everything. His emotions tend to make him overthink and take over his mind.

Luckily, Izuku does not need to worry about that today, Kai had promised he would stay with him for the night. Even though Kai does that already, Izuku just wanted to confirm with him. Now all he has to do is not break any rules! It can't be that hard...Right?

_______________

The green-haired boy is lying down with his chest facing the bed, and has his sights on the TV. He watched the animated characters move rapidly through a road. He had never seen this movie before, so the plot didn't make sense to him. Hari is lying down beside him, petting his green bushy hair. Kai wasn't there, but Hari said he would be coming back with dinner.

"Ummm, Hari?"

"Yes, Izuku?"

Izuku looked at the screen again, a red oddly shaped character zoomed past the screen. Another one coming up behind it.

"Confused...what's...?" Izuku didn't know how to phrase it but he was confused. What was going on? He watched the red odd-shaped character gets hit by a green one and skid off into the sidelines.

"Ah, you don't understand what's going on...let's see." Hari reached his hand out and paused the movie with the controller which was on the bed. "Do you know what they are? Like the characters...what are they?"

Izuku thought long and hard, he felt like he knew what the characters were. He saw them in a dream he had not that long ago, however that didn't answer what they were.

"No..."

Hari smiled and rubbed Izuku's head once more, he picked up the controller and scrolled through the streaming service. He landed on the movie info slide which showed the title and description.

"Izuku do you know what the movie is called?"

The boy shook his head and frowned.

"I'll give you a hint, look at the TV." Izuku did what Hari said and glanced at the words on the screen. He looked at the title and scrunched up his eyes to read the letters. They were in this weird flowing manner that joined together.

"I don't know..."

Hari looked at the screen once more and sighed. Izuku doesn't know how to read cursive.

"Alright, that's fine...what if I say the title and you repeat it back to me? I think you will be able to do it, you are very smart."

Izuku nodded with a smile.

Hari chuckled at Izuku's eagerness. "The title is...'Cars'."

Izuku bit his tongue and whined. He didn't know how to pronounce the word, he never heard of it before. "How?"

Hari ruffled the green curls and brought him ever so closer to his side. "What's the video game we always play together?"

"Mario Kart?"

Hari smiled, "Yes! The title or the word cars is like kart, just take away the T sound and replace it with S."

Izuku lightly gasped, how did he never know that? This just shows how smart Hari is. "Cars?"

Hari flashed a bigger smile, "Yes! Good job!" He wrapped his arms around Izuku and hugged him-bringing him closer to his side.

Izuku giggled and melted into the embrace. He maneuvered his head to be facing the TV while Hari hugged him.