The Break-in

As the days go by, the struggle to rescue Izuku worsens. After a month of zero leads, the four started to panic. Shouta believed his original plan to let Izuku be with the villains for a day or two backfired. He spent hours on end looking at clues and the media for any information on Izuku. His sleeping schedule went to hell as he couldn't exactly sleep with his thoughts. Teaching became more challenging, but he persevered. Izuku wouldn't want him to give up.

However, luck prevailed as Sir Nighteye found a piece of evidence that could be used to find Izuku.

Shouta hosted a meeting at Sir Nighteye's agency—it gave him so much deja vu to think they were just like this months ago trying to rescue Izuku—with the hero and the others. It made him so grateful that Mirio got Sir Nighteye to jump into the search party and provide help.

He called the three others (Katsuki, Mirio, and Shoto) to meet him in the brief room in the agency. As soon as Katsuki came in, he hoisted himself on a wall and crossed his arms, looking bored. It was easy to see that he masked his emotions. He was terrified of what was going on with Izuku. He told Shouta a week after Izuku's kidnapping and broke down in tears, sobbing out rhetorical questions. All revolve around the theme of Izuku being hurt.

Shoto came in afterwards, his face staring blankly. He has been having a mental battle with himself for the past month. One side believes Izuku is okay with the villains, and the other is terrified that Izuku will change and not be his friend anymore. Mirio was followed by Sir Nighteye and unlocked the meeting room. Mirio expressed his feelings to Shouta several times, concerned that Izuku would forget them. Shouta wanted to console him and say he would never do such a thing, but it wasn't impossible.

Sir Nighteye briefly explained that he wanted the meeting to be private with the people actively trying to save Izuku. It made sense, especially with the deception Katsuki encountered that made everything spiral. He also expressed his worries about the quirk erasing bullet appearing once again. It wasn't that hard to think that Overhaul started production.

In the meeting room, Sir Nighteye took the front with Shouta holding a stack of papers. He placed them on the table and stepped back to let Shouta speak. Shoto, Katsuki, and Mirio sat around, awaiting it to start.

Shouta took a deep breath and said, "You must be wondering why you are here." Silence echoed across the room. He hadn't told them that Sir Nighteye had suggested they save the evidence until the meeting. Just in case the information is spread. "We are here to talk about some evidence, Sir and I received." That got everyone's attention; after radio silence for a month, it was amazing to hear something. "As well as what will happen if we cannot rescue Izuku again."

Shouta took note of Shoto's slight eye twitch. From what was heard, Katsuki explained to Shoto that Izuku has a blood quirk that could erase quirks. It took Shoto by surprise that Izuku had something like that. And wanting Izuku to return to the villains only made him feel worse. The same villains who extracted his blood to make bullets.

Shouta stepped back and nodded to Sir. He returned it and cycled through the papers. "I looked through the reports the agency gets from the media department that could be used in casework. As I looked, I found an interesting one that caught my interest. I asked Aizawa for clarification if it had any resemblance to Izuku." He pulled out a glistening photo. "It's a picture taken by one of my interns." He laid it on the table and immediately Katsuki snatched it and inspected it. "Oh shit."

The intern was tasked with photographing people shopping in the department store's movie section from behind a wall. The intern's quirk allows them to take photos from any location as long as they place a piece of their hair where they want the photo to be taken. It was a risk, but one that Shouta and Sir were willing to take. The intern was in the store's back room, looking through the surveillance cameras and taking photos. Thank goodness the manager let them do it. It took some convincing, but once he realised it was hero business, he shut up. It paid off as the intern snapped a photo of a white-haired man wearing a white mask cycling through movies.