Something New

Izuku remained seated on the couch, surrounded by his family. Shouta, Katsuki, and Mirio. Izuku was perplexed as to what Mirio meant when he said sorry.

It could only have been anything that happened at the mall. Mirio, on the other hand, did not do so because he was at home! Tomura should, at the very least, apologize.

"Don't be upset, Mirio! I forgive you, It's okay," Izuku smiled with his teeth, "I'm also happy you guys didn't leave."

"What?" Mirio gasped, Izuku felt Katsuki tense. "Why would we do that?"

"'Cause I stopped ta-talking," Izuku mumbled, looking down at his fingers. "I feel bad."

"You shouldn't, you felt it would help and it did," Shouta expressed from the side, arms crossed.

Izuku nodded slightly, "I guess, but I was just scared of messing things up and having to choose."

"Between what?" Katsuki growled out, quickly replacing his sneer with a smile because of Izuku's pout. "You guys and Kai and Hari."

Everyone went silent at that, Izuku panicked and swatted his hands around. "I-I can pick if you guys really want!"

"No," Shouta said flatly, "don't pick. Remember what I said?"

"I don't have to pick, I can have both," Izuku recited.

"Exactly, if not picking will make you feel happy, then don't."

Izuku felt touched, "I like that... but I'm still worried."

"Perhaps," Katsuki suggested, filling the awkward silence, "why don't we go meet some new people?"

"Huh?" Izuku looked over to Katsuki. "Why we do that?"

Katsuki glanced to the ceiling then to Izuku. In a stiff voice he said: "You can see that you don't have to choose."

"You're upset," Izuku said, noticing Katsuki's face.

"I'm not," Katsuki gritted out. "Why would I be?"

Mirio bent down to Izuku's ear. "Katsuki is jealous of Kai and Hari. He just wants you to pick him."

"Really?" Izuku whispered with a grin.

"Yep," Mirio said with a pop.

Izuku laughed, "maybe it good that we meet new people, I can prove I won't pick to everyone!" He thrusted a fist into the air, smiling.

"Shouta?" Katsuki said, glancing towards the hero. Izuku and Mirio both watched his expression, one excited to get going to meet new people, one worried he will ruin Izuku's mood. "Can Izuku go?"

A sigh, "where would he even go?"

"Um he could go to U.A," Mirio suggested, "he can talk to the people his.. age. Like your class!"

Shouta hummed in thought. Izuku watched him carefully, "please Sho...I want to prove to everyone."

The man groaned, "God I can't believe I'm agreeing to this... Fine! But you got to promise me that we'll take it slow and you will listen to what I say. No running off," Shouta explained tiredly. "I'll talk to Nezu."

"Yay! I promise!" Izuku cheered, jumping right into Shouta's unsuspecting arms.

—----------

The Next Day

Izuku gaped at the huge building that was the dorms of U.A. It stood high into the sky, intimidating the people below. Izuku could say for sure he was indeed intimidated, but also curious. It being a day of no school and no work for Shouta, they could spend as long as they wanted.