Hospital

Warmth. That's what Izuku felt when he regains consciousness. It wasn't the warmth a person will feel after waking up from a long night of sleep. It felt like sitting with friends and family watching a blazing fire. You have both sides of the spectrum; you are beside kindling flames that give a sense of danger. On the other hand, you are warm from the loved ones beside you, giving you happiness and love.

Izuku identified that his mind was screaming at him to run away from danger. What danger? Why was the flame he felt dangerous? Sure, the warmth he discovered was odd and something entirely new. He still couldn't help himself dive closer to the warmth when he felt loved ones beside him.

He couldn't figure out who was who or how many were there. It almost felt like a vision or a dream. A distant dream. He couldn't identify who was his loved ones were and how he knew them. It was like he forgot them but his body remembered who they were.

Every time he tried getting closer to the people he saw in the distant sense of warmth, a wave of blazing hot fire clashed against his soul, yelling at him to run.

He did that, however, the feeling disappeared, opening to a sense of coldness.

His body was telling him to run away while his soul or brain was seeking out the loved ones. And Izuku was stuck in between the mini-war.

Was his body protecting him from something? Why would his body need to protect him when he is with the people he loves?

He should be safe with them.

No.

He is safe with them.

That he knows.

So... why is he being "told" to run away from them?

Are they dangerous like the blazing fire?

Why does he need to run away from Kai and Hari?

Kai and Hari.

Kai.

Hari.

Kai!

Hari!

Izuku shot up, gasping. Staring at his legs or the white blankets that were covering him up to the waist. It was nothing heavy, rather light. A simple white pattern dressed the cloth, light blue fabric laced at the ends.

Izuku felt a wave of nausea wash over him, he blinked through his tiredness glancing around the room while he pulled his hands from underneath the covers.

While trying to pull one, it was pulled back to a metal bar. Izuku looked to where his hand was locked into place and saw a single metal ring wrapped around his right hand was locked to a metal bar which he understood was his bed.

His left hand was free from any ring. He looked at the hand, it was instead attached to a long tube connected at the back of his hand. A clear piece of tape was stuck to his hand and the clear tube.

Izuku's eyes followed the tube which ventured to a metal rack that had a clear bag with some sort of liquid hanging from it.

He gazed around the room once more, looking more precisely. The room was something he had never seen before. It was nothing like the room he lived in for so long.

The walls were a pale peachy colour and the flooring was white tiles with black borders. Around Izuku, machines he had never seen before were hooked up to the walls and connected to him somehow. One was connected to a beeping machine that showed a line moving up and down, it was wired to him on his chest. Weird. The room had a few grey chairs spaced around the wall with the door. The door that had zero windows was directly in front of the bed he sat on. Another door was to the side as well.