N I N E

I was unpatiently looking at my phone, waiting for a message while we were waiting for our food.

"You've been glancing a lot at your phone, (Y/n). Is something wrong?" Kuroo asked from across me. Kenma sat beside him, his eyes not leaving his screen.

There was indeed something wrong with me. Bokuto hadn't send me anything since Saturday. That's two days without his cheesy pickup lines.

"When will Bokuto get out of his emo mode?" I asked propping my head on my fist and looking at Kuroo. An annoying smirk crawled on his face as he mimicked my actions.

"You're asking this because he hasn't send you anything, right?"

"And what if I am?" Kuroo started laughing at me.

"Why don't you send him something for a change?"

"Me?"

"Maybe he'll cheer up if you send him a pickup line once."

"How do you know he sends me pickup lines?" I asked suspiciously.

"Who do you think told him to do that, hmm?" A sly grin adorned his face.

"He sends you pickup lines? Lame." Osamu, who just returned from the toilet, stated as he sat beside me.

"You're lame."

"Fair enough."

"So are you gonna send him something?" Kenma suddenly spoke, eyes still on his switch.

He was listening?

"Yes, I'll text him right now." I said as I picked up my phone from the table.

Monday, 12:03

Miya (Y/n)
we're not socks, but I think we'd
make a great pair 😌

After texting Bokuto, our food arrived. While eating, the conversation went over to Kenma's dorm life.

"How are the campus dorms?" I asked curiously. I knew our school had an optional dorm system but I've never seen the actual dorms. I knew Sakusa also lived in the dorms, but he wouldn't let us enter.

"They're alright." Kenma answered in between bites. Kuroo had taken away his switch so he would eat, which was kind of funny.

"Do you have a roommate or is it separate?"

"I have a roommate."

"His roommate is Akaashi." Kuroo added.

"Oh, the one from Bokuto's highschool team?"

"Yeah." Osamu joined in the conversation, already having finished his food.

"Don't you want seconds?" I asked as I looked at him.

"No, I'm good." He said while literally sliding my bowl between us and eating my ramen. I simply sighed and continued eating.

And so lunch continued, talking and laughing. Osamu ended up eating Kenma's leftovers. And Kenma got a bit aggresive when Kuroo joked about not giving back his switch.

Just as we were leaving, my phone buzzed. Having put my phone in my bag however, I decided to check when I got home.

|NO ONE'S POV|

Somewhere on the fifth floor of a building swarming with tired college students, a guy was laying on his couch. He was wearing casual basketball shorts and a hoodie with an owl as cap.

Saying Bokuto was bored was an understatement. He had only skipped class 2 other times before. He regretted not going, because he liked going to campus. Bokuto was quite popular among the students, there was always a crowd around him which made him feel appreciated.

But there was another reason he regretted not going.

A certain girl with (h/l) (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes.

The one day he wasn't at school, they were going get ramen together. Not that he never had eaten lunch with (Y/n). The boy stayed on campus even when he was done or even came earlier to campus so he could eat lunch with the girl.

But going out to eat with her, was a different story.

He could still go and join them, they were probably almost there by now. But he wouldn't feel good going knowing he skipped class.

And so the young man was laying on the couch watching cartoons as he hugged his big round owl plushie.

Just as the episode finished and the next was about to start in 15 seconds, Bokuto's phone buzzed.

Notifications
You received a snap from Kubroo
You received a message from prettyowl❤
You received a message from Kubroo

As usual Kuroo was spamming the boy, but it was always a mutual spamming. In between the spam, a particular message caught his attention.

"(Y/n)?" His eyes widened like an owl. He clicked on her name, opening her messages.

Monday, 12:03

prettyowl❤
we're not socks, but I think we'd
make a great pair 😌

hihi it's not as good as ur lines but
I hope it'll cheer you up 🥰😁

also I missed you today
next time we'll get ramen together
just the two of us 😊

only if u want of course 😅

Bokuto was grinning from ear to ear at one moment, and the next his lips pulled together in a pout.

Was this a date?

Looking at the time, the boy noticed half an hour passed away with his thoughts and he still hadn't answered.

Monday, 12:33

Bokuto🦉
are u asking me out on a date? 🤩