T H I R T E E N

"I am so sorry!" I whisper-yelled approaching Aran, as I found him taking his luggage.

"Oh, (Y/n)?" Aran smiled at me as he walked towards me. Seeing Aran again after such a long time, made me forget why I was apologizing.

I ran towards him smiling, and hugged him.

"Hey, long time no see." Aran smiled as he hugged me back.

"Welcome back, Aran!"

Aran and I have always been in the same class from middle school to highschool, so we were good friends. My brothers and him being in the same volleyball club contributed to our friendship as I was always at their practice.

We separated and looked at each other smiling.

"So, how was-" My question got interrupted by two voices I knew all too well.

"ARAN!"

So that was why I was apologizing.

I facepalmed while I cringed at them.

"I'm so sorry, Aran, it slipped." I apologized as Aran grimaced.

"Don't worry, I had a feeling this was gonna happen anyway." He smiled painfully as he looked at the twins dressed in t-shirts with Aran's face printed on. They were holding flower bouquets and balloons.

Everyone was looking at us weirdly, which wasn't surprising as the twins looked like idiots.

The rest of the way was equally as embarrassing, but let's not dwell on that. Too traumatic.

_______

"Welcome home Aran!!"

The boys shouted as soon as Aran opened the door to his shared apartment with Suna.
Confetti sprinkeled everywhere as everyone was smiling at him.

"It's good to be back." Aran smiled back at everyone, and they all one for one did their friendly handshake.

Even Kita, Sakusa, Kenma and Akaashi were here. So this was going to be my first formal meeting with Akaashi.

I closed the door and went into the kitchen.
Hearing the door open and close behind me, I turn to see who came in.

"You're so beautiful, you made me forget my pickup line." Bokuto grinned smugly as he wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

"That was way too cheesy." I laughed as I punched his upper arm playfully.

"But you like it." He said while sitting himself on top of the dining table.

"Unfortunately. But only because it's you." I grinned at him, before turning to the fridge to get the snacks we prepared.

"You're so unfair." Bokuto muttered something under his breath, his face reddening as he hid his mouth behind the back of his hand. If only I hadn't turned away.

"Hey, Bokuto, can you help me carry this stuff to the living room?"

"Of course."

We carried everything from snacks to drinks and actual dinner to the living room where the little welcome party for Aran was taking place.

Everyone was talking and eating happily, it was really fun. Though my eyes were focused on one thing the whole night.

"You really like him, huh?"

Shocked, I looked beside me to see Akaashi looking at me with a small smile adorning his lips. I smiled back as I looked down shyly.

"I do. I like him a lot."