T W E L V E

"Can I taste your ice-cream?"

Bokuto and I were sitting on a bench in the park, not far from the ice-cream parlor. We were sitting quite close together. Our knees were touching since I was sitting diagonal to see him.

Children were playing and laughing in the playground in front of us.

"No." I said plainly as I continued eating my ice-cream.

"Why not?" Bokuto pouted his lips, his hair drooping along with his shoulders.

"Because it's mine."

"You can taste mine too!" He whisper-yelled, his eyes going big in desperation.

"But I don't want yours." I said, looking away so he couldn't see the small smile betraying my lips.

Not hearing anything anymore, I looked at him. His shoulders were hanging low, his face looking down in a pout. His ice-cream was dripping down the cone.

Smiling at how cute and funny he looked, I stretched out my ice-cream towards his face, I pushed it against his nose. He looked up shocked at the feeling of ice-cream at his nose.

"(Y/n)!" He looked at me angrily, wiping his nose with the tissue paper we got from the ice-cream parlor.

"Here." I smiled at him as I presented my ice-cream in front of him. Bokuto looked at me suspiciously, his eyes going forth between me and the ice-cream.

"You wanted to taste, right?" I grinned at him, pushing the ice-cream closer to him.

"You won't just smash it in my face?" He asked cautiously, the suspicion still on his face.

"Promise."

"Hmm?" He still looked unconvinced.

"Pinky promise." I stretched my empty hand to him, my pinky outstretched.

He smiled, locking his pinky with mine. We grinned at each other as we locked the promise with our thumbs.

He grabbed my hand, the one holding my ice-cream, and brought it close to his mouth and tasted it.

"Well, how is it?"

"I need another taste." He said as serious as he could as he took another taste.

"It's good, but mine is better." He said confidently as he ate his own ice-cream.

"Oh?"

"Do you wanna taste?"

"Yes!" I leaned closer to his ice-cream only to be met with ice-cream on my nose.

"Hey!" I laughed as I pulled back.

"Payback." Bokuto said angrily as he wiped my nose with his tissue.

"Aww, how kind of you." I said with a sarcastic smile on my face.

"You're welcome." He smirked as he leaned closer to my face.

We both glared at each other, until the sound of laughter was heard. Bokuto and I both turned around.

Three children, two girls and a boy around the age of 8, were standing in front of us giggling and pointing. Their faces and clothes were dirty, probably from playing in the sand. Their hair messy and clothes wrinkled. But their eyes were sparkling like stars in the nightsky.

"Are you gonna kiss?" One of the girls asked slowly, not able to contain her giggles as if she was asking something taboo.

"Ew, that's nasty!" The little boy screeched out, putting his hand over his grinning mouth.