FOUR

My body was slick with sweat. My breaths were sharp and frantic. My muscles burned as my feet desperately attempted to gain velocity with each push. A feeling of dread crept up from the pit of my stomach. I could feel it. A pair of fiery red eyes lurked behind the bush, piercing its gaze at me, watching over me from the very first time. The thick gloomy clouds shaded over the firmament, changing the clarity of the azure into the obscurity of the dreary gray. The thick mist shrouded me. Darkness engulfed my tracks gradually, getting darker and darker until it became pitch black. The atmosphere was suffocating me and I couldn't manage to see anything.

Terror washed over me, raising the hair on the back of my neck. A faint growl approached, however, as it was getting closer and closer it distorted into some kind of grunting noises. A wolf? A boar? I had no idea what is going on but I kept dragging my feet backward until my back bumped into something... enormous. I groped whatever was standing behind me and felt a slimy substance coated my hands. I reluctantly turned over, my eyes nearly fell out from the sockets by the time I saw a creature that came into my sight. It was an alpaca with a boar nose, its irises were blood red and it looked like it was about to go on a rampage.

I was paralyzed to the spot and could only offer an awkward smiled at it, but instead of being calm, it began to let out a continuous loud grunt that cracked my eardrums. I stumbled while the creature before me was moving uncontrollably like a mad bull. I tried to stand up yet my butt refused to budge after landing roughly on the ground. There was a sticky fluid dripping down my hand, I raised my head and found that creature was standing over me, slobber hung out of its mouth as it brought its face closer and closer, ready to ingest me. I couldn't do anything but shut my eyes and scream.

"No!" my eyes snapped open, the sight of Jin's face greeted my vision. I found myself fell asleep on the couch with my head on the table. There were grunting noises reverberating throughout the room, yet it didn't come from the strange creature I encountered in my dream but my brother who was snoring loudly next to me. A cold sensation run up my left hand before I realized that it was tucked under Jin's head, his mouth was agape and I could see thick saliva flowing down toward my skin. "Ew!" I pulled my hand vigorously, causing his head to hit the surface of the table with a heavy thud.

"Ouch! Is this the proper way to welcome your brother?!" Jin squealed whilst massaging his temple to relieve the pain. He babbled some vague words that I couldn't even absorb, perhaps he was still in the process of gathering his soul.

"Jin! Why didn't you sleep in your room?!"

"Well I couldn't let my little goat sleeping alone on the couch, and don't expect me to carry you to your bedroom because I don't want to break my spine."

"Who do you call a little goat? You big boar!"

"Who do you call a big boar? You little goat!"

"You snored like a boar!"

"Hmm... I never knew that a boar could be this handsome. Wait what?! How dare you call me like that!" Jin lunged toward me, grabbing my cheeks with all his fingers and stretching them to the maximum wide. All my attempts to break away were in vain as his grip was too strong for me to handle, so I turned my head to the side and stuck my tongue out to meet his finger. "Ew, Y/n! You haven't even brushed your teeth yet!" Jin spontaneously pulled his hands away from my cheeks then purified the area that I licked with his clothes.

"And you drooled on my hand!"

"That's great, my enzyme is very effective to soften your skin." I only rolled my eyes and nodded my head, pretending to agree with his statement since there was no point getting into arguments with Jin.