Chapter 12

Edward's POV:

This is it, my first date with Bella. My first date with any girl ever actually. I can do this. I ring the bell and hear Bella coming down. She opens the door and my breath gets caught, she looks gorgeous.

"Hi, Edward."She says shyly, she looks adorable.

"Hey Bella, you look gorgeous," I say.

"Thanks, you look great too." She blushes.

"Thanks, so you ready to go?"

"Yeah, where are we going?"

"Port Angles, that's all I'm telling."

"Ok, let me just tell Charlie, I'm leaving."

I nod and she goes inside. I know it's wrong but I listen to what they're saying.

"Charlie, Edward is here for our date. I just wanted to let you know I'm leaving." Bella says.

"Sure, Bells. Just remember to be careful. If he wants to do anything you're not ready for, tell him." Charlie says.

"Yes, Charlie. You don't have to worry though, Edward isn't like that. Also, remember to not eat dinner too late, eat it early."

She comes out and says," I'm ready, let's go."

I open the door for her since it is a gentlemanly thing to do. She smiles at me in response. I run to the other side and get in the car. I nervously reach out and hold Bella's and she tenses up.

Not the reaction I was hoping for, but I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable. I let her hand go and apologize.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"No, you didn't. In fact, I'm sorry. I just wasn't expecting that, this is my first date so it's all kinda new to me."

"It's ok, I understand. This is also my first date, so it's all kinda new to me as well."

"How about we ask questions and get to know each other better."

"Ok, do you wanna go first? Or should I?"

"You can go first."

Great I wanted to go first. She seems so interesting, I already know many things I wanna ask her.

"So, what is your favorite book? "

"Wuthering heights definitely."

A classic. I haven't met someone who loves the classics in a long time. Wuthering heights might be my favorite too.

"You never fail to amaze me, Bella." She blushes.

"What do you mean?"

"It's just I didn't expect you to be a fan of the classics. Not a lot of people are."

"Is that a good thing?"

"Yeah. Your turn."

"What are some of your hobbies?"

"I love to read and listen to music."

"Really? Same."

We continued to talk for a few more minutes. I felt myself liking her more and more. I pulled up at a cafe, Bella looked outside her window and smiled.

"So, do you like it?" I ask.

"Are you kidding, I love it. It looks so warm and cozy."

"It's a cafe/bookstore

"It's a cafe/bookstore. I thought we could check out some books and you could have a drink if you'd like. Since vampires don't drink or eat."

"Really? Wow! Tell me more about you guys."She's so adorably curious.

"I will if you tell me more about werewolves. "

She nods.

"But first let's go inside."

"Sure."

We enter and she gasps, there is such joy and happiness on her face. I would do anything to see it. She is soo beautiful but more than that her kindness shines through her face. She is also so modest and sweet. She is the most perfect person I have ever met.

"Edward, you're staring." She blushes.

I scratch the back of my head sheepishly," Guilty."

"Why were you staring, did I smudge my makeup?"

"No, it's just that.. Uh..yo-you look amazing."

She turns completely red."Thank you."

She looks up and our eyes meet. We gaze into each other's eyes for a few minutes, her brown ones to my golden ones. Her eyes have soo much intensity. She then looks away shyly.

"So, you wanna go look at the books?" I try to change the subjects.

"Sure."

We then spend the next half an hour picking out books

We then spend the next half an hour picking out books. She got The Fault in our Stars, I got a random Shakesphere book. We sat down and talked for 2 hours, it was very easy to talk to her. I don't feel nervous at all, I feel at home when I'm with her. It started getting late and I could tell she was getting tired, so we decided to leave.

We get out of the car and walk to her door.

"So, I'll see you tomorrow," I say hopefully.

"Yeah."

I slowly lean and so does she getting the idea. Our lips are centimeters apart and we crash our lips into each other. Her warm, soft lips move against mine. I feel sparks all over me, I can tell she is my mate. I don't wanna overwhelm her so I'm not gonna bring it up now.

I pull away and lean my forehead against hers.

"Goodnight, Bella."

"Goodnight, Edward."