Her or His Obedience?

I woke up the following day with a happy smile on my face. This will be one of the bright and happy days that I always wish for in my miserable life. You might have been wondering about the sudden change in my attitude. Especially the blackmailing part, which Mr. Handsome Narcissist has used to bind me to a legal contract. It should have been illegal as it was based on human slavery, and yet here I am stuck in this awful agreement with no honest way out.

Back to my silly grin due to my triumph over Gabriel, who was spying on me through the window. Even in the dark night and under the dull streetlight, it was effortless for me to figure out that the dark silhouette belonged to the jerk face. I was always a sucker for the mysteries and cryptic messages left behind for me to solve. It is like being a helpless moth automatically attracted to egomaniacal light.

Only a fool would wish to be treated as a doormat. I had to teach him a lesson not to mess with my sweet and obedient nature. Last night, I was extremely horny and would sell my soul to the devil just for one more night with Gabriel. I kind of got my wish when I parked myself at the window for a bit to gloat about the things he was missing. It was intoxicating, and that overwhelming feeling of him hearing my loud moans happened to be exhilarating for me.

The ping of a text message broke me from my daydreaming. It didn't take a fortune teller to predict the identity of my sender. He wrote, and I quote, "Bring your ass right after the classes. Need to see asap." He saw no greetings or said please, but another decree from his royal highness of Moron-Ville So, I did the obvious thing in such a situation: I ignored the message and went to hit the showers.

After a nice hot bath, I began to dry off my hair and get ready for the classes. My phone vibrated with a call, and I let out a long sigh when I checked the caller's name. I clicked on the green button and answered in a most boring tone.

'Yes?'

I didn't bother to greet Gabriel and was insinuated to get to the point.

"I accept your response the next time I send a text message or make a phone call," Gabriel spoke with an angry tone and then cut the call.

Infuriated by his cold attitude, I blocked his number and went down to have breakfast with my family. A mouthwatering smell wafted through the air, and my stomach rumbled loudly. All night I was awake, and now it has drained all my remaining energy. Wishing all my family members a good morning, like a hungry bear, I latched on to the food.

"Why are you eating in such a manner?" "Are you in a hurry to go somewhere?" With a questioning look on my father's face, he asked this question.

'No! I am just hungry. That's all.' I replied and tried my best not to think about my last night's session.

'Alright. As you say, dear. Ready for school?'

Dad asked me, to which I could only nod because my mouth was stuffed with toast and an omelet.

'Are you feeling better now? How is the pain?' My mother raised a question and a dreadful reminder of my past.

'The pain has now subsided. It is still sore, but I am being careful in my movements.'

I informed my parents to try to ease the worry forming on their faces.

'Please call us for any help you want from us. Not just medical but for anything that is needed. We will be there in a quick snap of the finger.' My dad's statement has caused my heart to be torn into a million little pieces.

Smiling at their concern, I hurried to attend my college lectures, dreading the end of them. To tell you the truth, I don't want to meet Gabriel, yet for some reason, I don't mind if his sexy eyes check me out. What is wrong with me? I am thinking like a traumatized victim of Stockholm syndrome. This is disastrous, and I cringed at my upcoming actions and reactions. Unknowingly, I have fallen for Gabriel, the smarmy and bewitching man.

It is a known fact that when you keep staring at the clock, time passes agonizingly slowly, but in my case, it is the opposite. To avoid meeting Gabriel, I kept watching the clock hands, which were moving like a racing car. Even the dull voice of my lecture could grant my wish. I am a nervous wreck, and my fingernails are in worse condition than ever due to my biting habit.

At the last ring of the class, I remain seated on my chair, not daring to move my limb at all. Many thoughts are cluttering my mind, and one of them is appealing to me a lot. Running home and avoiding meeting Gabriel is tempting but unavoidable. Another avoidable situation is moving into another apartment. Especially if it is Gabriel's choice and that means trap.

Exiting the class, Gabriel was standing at my locker with his signature look of impatience blazing on his face. Oddly enough, he was not in formal wear but in a casual white t-shirt, blue denim, and black leather jacket. A complete bad boy look, which makes most girls fawn over it. My feet skidded to a stop at his appearance, and my body was frozen with utmost shock in addition to fear blooming in all my senses. Seeing me not moving towards him, Gabriel, with a little swag in his walk, came to me. Silence stretched between us like a gun duel between two cowboys fighting for ultimate dominance over the city. But in our case, it is a duel to fight for my freedom and his authority over me.

'Hello, sweet fins. Avoiding: "Are we each other or just you?' Gabriel inquired smugly, for he already knew the truth.

'Hello. Nope. No avoiding or ignoring. Nada.' Spluttering the words out while simultaneously controlling my uneven heartbeats, which I am sure he can hear throbbing hysterically in my chest,

'Hm. Interesting. You could answer my next question too.' Gabriel spoke elegantly but with a devilish smile, which added to her current nervousness.

'What's the question?' I mumbled and crossed both my arms behind my back so he wouldn't be able to see the pierced palms. Yup. I am that scared of him.

'If you are not avoiding or ignoring me, then why did you block my phone number?' He simply asks with a cool expression.

'Oh! Ha! By mistake. Sorry, you know butterfingers and all." I replied nonchalantly and instantly unblocked his stupid number.

'Good. Now everything is sorted. Let me give you a ride to your new home.' Gabriel spoke smoothly and stretched his arm to escort me to his expensive car. Also, explain his current casual attire.

We walked towards the parking area, and I accepted Gabriel's offer to pick us up, but when Gabriel opened the lock with his car key, with a puzzled expression on my face, I kept staring at him.

'I thought we could make this a personal day for us. I will chauffeur you around.' Again, you effortlessly cleared my half-formed question. It is like he can read my bloody mind.

'Okay. What if I don't want to move? Then what?' I asked him, and in advance he had the answer prepared.

'It is in the contract that has been signed by you. By law, you have to accept and move in with it.' Gabriel stated the matter plainly, leaving no room to argue for me.

I groaned brashly and turned my face in the other direction. While formulating the plan to get that forsaken thing now rather than later. This time I will obey him, but next time he will obey my every whim and have no choice but to oblige.