A Guardian Angel

"The door is locked, Fins." Please don't bother yourself further. You can't escape, and it's soundproof, so if you scream, no one will hear you. He spoke calmly and calculatedly. I turned to look at him. He was standing with a composed posture and a profound expression.

"I don't understand." Also, this is not necessary, and whatever you are planning, I suggest that you find some other girl. Frankly speaking, I am not interested in being your toy. I snapped at him angrily at the last sentence.

He didn't move, but he made a hand gesture for me to sit like an obedient child. I'm going to do it like hell. My thoughts were becoming more murderous by the second.

"No, you are not a toy, and I have no plans to make you one." He answered me respectfully. Naturally, I folded my arms and started looking at him suspiciously.

"Open the door, and I won't file a police complaint against you." I promise. I warned him.

He answered by walking slowly towards me, but I couldn't help it as I scanned him from head to toe. I swear that he is one pants-drop heartbreaker. He looked great in his black suit with a dark royal blue shirt and black tie. Well, you can make out the eight packs behind the body-fitting shirt and its pairing with nice, shiny black formal shoes. He halted just a few inches away, towering easily over me at six feet and one inch. Those dark green eyes were roaming over my clothes. I happen to wear a maroon full-sleeve shirt with a tight knee-length pencil skirt, exposing my smooth, long white legs. He took a sharp breath intake, and I know the reason behind it. He likes what he sees. I might be tall, but I stand at 5'4" with a curvy body. I loved my figure; I had curves in all the right places, and my long, dark, golden-red hair touched the end of my waist. My signature colors are red plum lips and huge, imploring golden-brown eyes. I truly admire my appearance, but nothing more.

"Were you planning to seduce the boss to get the job?" He questioned me curtly. It was offensive for him to think about me in such a disgraceful manner.

'Excuse me!' I fired back at him. "Who the hell are you to accuse me?" Let me refresh your mind by pointing out the irony. Because you locked the door and then dared to point a finger at me. You are one son of a bitch! Just really fuck off now! Balling my hand into a fist, with all my heart I wanted to hit him right on his appealing face.

I apologize for the choice of words. You look very tempting, and I got jealous; due to that, I insulted you with such foul words. It's you...'

What exactly is he going to say? I was unable to figure it out because he slammed his mouth against mine, making me momentarily forget everything. He grabbed my arms roughly but was carefully holding my injured back and kept kissing me hungrily. I melted in his arms, holding onto him for my dear life. I have waited so long for this taste of dark decadence on my tongue. Yes, this feels so right. Now awake, I attacked his mouth, sucking softly on his lips and teasingly biting them. This didn't stop him. He shivered under my arms, grabbing my neck and pulling me up for better access. He rolls his tongue inside my mouth as his other hand caresses my body. The phone rang, and that call brought us back to reality. I jerked away, tearing my mouth away from his. He let out a sigh and answered the phone in a frustrated, clipped voice.

"No, send them away." He barks the order on the phone.

"Cancel the meeting for the next hour and don't disturb." Understood? Good.' He spoke in a brusque tone and slammed the phone on the receiver.

"Let me go now," I ordered him. He rather shook his head and settled up on the table. I found myself desiring to touch him and run my fingers through his thick, silky black hair. During the heated moment, I grabbed his hair. It's like touching real silk. Damn! Which conditioner does he use? I was deep in thought when his voice brought me back to the present.

"You should know the name of the person you were passionately kissing," he said coldly. The anger was pulsing around him, and I could feel another judgment passing through his small brain.

"You are a fucking egomaniac!" You kissed me first; we understand! "I won't ask again, but please let me go on this occasion," I demanded, folding my arms to create an effect on him.

He looks directly into my eyes with a serious look, watching me so intensely that I wanted to duck under the table and protect myself.

"My name is Gabriel Slate." The owner of Rollins Companies, my father, and I belong to a very old prestige family. You must remember me because when we met for the first time, we were very little, and then you shifted to another country. When you started talking to me, I was head over heels for you and decided you were the woman for me, and now you are here after eighteen years and have grown into a very attractive, beautiful, and sweet woman. Since then, I've been following you around and keeping an eye on everything you do. I must say that you are very naive when it comes to trusting people, especially worthless scum. It drove me nuts with white-hot rage boiling inside of me. Also, when you were getting intimate with your ex, it pissed me off more when you cried for them. "C'mon, Safina, you meant for the best, and you will have the best."

All this wealth of information left me blindsided, but I truly lost my thinking power when he slid the contract in front of me.

'Safina. Listen carefully to me. Please sign this contract now. Be warned that I can't guarantee any support from my side if you choose not to sign it. Gabriel spoke carefully, but the guarded expression on his face was unreadable.

This is not how I imagine meeting my soul mate and starting my new, never-ending love story. I kept staring at him, lost for words, but one thing kept circling in my mind.

"Can I have a cup of tea and some cake?" I could be suffering from a sugar deficiency. I simply informed him. Gabriel raised one brow and nodded. I sigh deeply, for this is going to be the most complicated relationship I might enter, but not just yet. First, he must gain my trust and loyalty. For the last eighteen years, I needed him and was always calling every second of the day. This time it will be different, for I will make this ride painstakingly tough for him and guarantee the value of fighting for me.

May God have mercy on my soul. All I know is that staying away and fighting my attraction to him will prove to be difficult tasks. Why does he have to be such an exquisite man? Just one more kiss, and he'll understand what it means to say, "Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned." Yeah! Take that, Mr. Slate.