Tangled Web

We didn't have to travel much. He took a turn into an alley and entered a sturdy, tall gate heavily guarded by security. Taking one look at Gabriel's car, they instantly open the gate for him to pass through. I had tons of questions bubbling in my dazed brain. I don't have much information on Gabriel Slade; nevertheless, I can with complete certainty confirm that he is a man that you don't dare mess around with.

Stepping on the brake, we were parked before a stylish, two-story building. I surveyed it doubtfully and was pretty sure that no one lives in that structure. Gabriel clicked his car door open and circled to help me as I climbed out of it. He is posing as a perfect gentleman, and with a wink, he will shift his attitude like a mean prison warden.

'Ready to check out your new place?" Locking his green eyes with my golden-brown ones, he asked me softly, and his face was glowing with anticipation.

'You didn't leave me with many options."

I began telling him the truth, but I changed my tactics when his face started to crumble.

'I mean, I love to see my new home." Frankly speaking, I have wished to have one of my own, and this sort of feels like it. As I finished my confession, with a side glance, I saw a tiny smile playing on his lips.

'Let's go.' He took my hand in his, and together we walked towards the building's door.

Removing a house key from his pocket, Gabriel inserted it in a keyhole, and with a click, the door opened, allowing us to enter. Hesitating slightly, I carefully stepped inside and happened to be utterly taken aback by the furnishings. The interior has a dark gothic design and is decorated with vintage décor. My lower jaw fell open, as I never expected to have the liberty of enjoying such a view. I believed that I would have my dream home.

Leaving me speechless, Gabriel sauntered into the kitchen and came out carrying two champagne glasses along with a chilled bottle of expensive champagne.

'I am aware of the fact that you don't drink except for this special occasion, and we should celebrate it." Gabriel spoke happily and still held the glasses as well as the bottle for me to agree.

'You are crazy! One glass wouldn't hurt me. Right.' Smiling, I close the distance between us and touch his hand, signaling the start of the celebration.

With his naughty signature smile, Gabriel unscrewed the bottle of champagne and poured both glasses. The taste was extremely delicious and bubbly. I decided that this would be one of my secret temptations. As if reading my mind, Gabriel flicked his eyes toward me and smirked wickedly, causing my heart to skip. He is driving me crazy. Why am I attracted to Gabriel when I hate his guts completely? Turning myself away from him, I looked around the apartment, taking in its beauty, and I couldn't help but grin like a Cheshire cat.

Placing his glass on the four-seater dining table, Gabriel came behind me and brushed his warm lips against my left ear lobe. I shivered a little, although my pulse rate jumped at the peak. I immediately shifted away from him and turned to face him. Gabriel's eyes were shining with lust and slowly undressing me with those green gems. A wave of longing passed over me. I bit my lower lip to control the awakened feelings that threatened to unleash themselves like wild sexual animals.

Once again, Gabriel reached into his pocket to pull out his mobile phone. Mixed feelings clouded my mind. I was surprised at his sudden movement and offended for not finding this moment sexy. Anger replaced my horniness; I crossed my arms and stared at him furiously. Not acknowledging me, he messed around on his phone, and with the last finger press, he played a song.

His dark expression took over, promising danger and forbidden fun. I took a sharp breath when I started listening to the song lyrics. Gabriel approached me slowly, with the song "On Your Mind" by Black Atlases blasting from the phone speaker. I was completely spellbound, and my feet were frozen to the ground.

'Would you do me the honor of having a dance with me?' Raising his fingertip, Gabriel grazes my lips, and he asks me huskily. Turning on, I helplessly nodded to his question and allowed myself to be his puppet on the chain.

Sliding his left hand to my waist and locking my other one with his right hand. Swaying our bodies along the rhythm of the music The song he chose communicates several unspoken words that we never dared to say out loud. Now his hot breath on me, his tantalizing spicy scent taking over my senses, and our warm bodies pressed perfectly together were causing me to go spiral. It might be the champagne talking, but I can't blame one glass of bubbly. Right? Gabriel is my drug, and I am drunk on his seduction.

'Gabriel?' Gathering up the courage, I went for the elephant in the room and steeled myself for what was coming next. Let's face it. This is Gabriel Slade. Nothing is conclusive about this enigmatic man.

'Yes, Fins?' Gabriel replied as his hand was still holding onto my back possessively, and I could feel his touch seeping under my dress and directly across my skin.

'What are we doing?" Moreover, what are you doing? I blurted out; my patience started to wear out, and I needed the answers straight away.

Gabriel went promptly silent, then twirled me in circles and avoided my questions. Fury rolled off of me. I pulled my hand away and stormed to another room. I need some distance between us. My mind is constantly out of balance whenever Gabriel is around. It is like an endless puzzle with no solution. There is a gut feeling that we are connected in an unexplainable manner. In a way, our souls are forged and bound together. One day he read my mind and toyed with my feelings. The next day, he blackmails and woos me. Who the hell is Gabriel Slade?

"Pennies for your thoughts?" Gabriel's teasing voice broke the turmoil spinning in her brain.

'What? Oh! Now you can't read my mind?' I retort sarcastically. Playing cat-and-mouse games is fun. Not with charming Gabriel. It can be explained by saying that you are translating an alien language into Morse code while being blindfolded by a murderous psychopath.

'Read mind? "You crack me up." Gabriel scoffed, however, as he was deflecting my question.

'Can you?' I probed and looked straight into his eyes to show the seriousness of my question.

'We both can agree that it is impossible.' He said it quietly, which begs one question. Am I going mental, or is he playing some sick trick on me?

'I see ....' Given our situation, it is becoming very clear that I am not going to have the upper hand with Gabriel. That doesn't mean I am planning to stay quiet and let you boss me around.

'Anything else? Ask away? Spill what is on your mind?' Gabriel urged me; his eyes were beginning to betray his cold, calculating behavior. One point to decide

I decide to test the water. Not wanting to continue with the coin tossing any longer. This might be my last chance to drag a confession out of him. Recording his verbal confession on my phone is the only way to get out of the contract. Is it possible to untangle the untangled?