The Beginning

Living a life was the most difficult task ever given to me. I know everyone I came across said this same thing: that I am insane and that seriously, something is wrong with me, but one thing I wanted most was true love. Being the youngest in the family was quite hard for me, but in a way, I didn't get enough attention from my parents, and for that I was happy. At the very least, I'd have some breathing room in "my oh, so boring life." To tell you the truth, I don't want my true love now because waiting for him since I was seven years old has made me commit to relationships with all the wrong sorts of guys, and the last one was downright abusive and mentally challenged.

Enough of this boring introduction. Let me begin by telling you how I met the man for whom I had been searching for so long before I committed thousands of betrayals in my life. I began my day with my usual routine, as I am now living with my parents after being abused by my ex-boyfriend for the past year. It was easier for him to brutally hurt me because I was in a relationship with him. My parents took pity on me and consoled me; I love them a lot for it, as they made my nightmare go away, but only temporarily; I was permanently scarred.

Being young and dreaming of finding love and marrying your soulmate, everything falls into place, and all the hardships can easily be faced when your true love is right next to you, holding your hand till things are back to their normal state. I had this unrealistic expectation from my ex-boyfriend. He swept me off my feet with his charming smile and lured me out with false promises. My biggest mistake was that I kept thinking that this person would change, but I was very wrong in my prediction. When he told me that he wanted to marry and build a life together with me, of course, I believed him blindly, not second-guessing his ulterior motive. When we moved into a rented apartment, the situation went south. Soon I realized that he wanted to rent an apartment because the place he rented from his previous owner was kicking him out. Moreover, he wanted to spend all my hard-earned money on himself rather than working and contributing to saving money for our future. Do you know how this self-centered jerk brings another woman to our apartment while I'm visiting my family and spends my money on his second girlfriend? Yes, I agree that my taste in men stinks big time. I'm not going to give you any love advice.

After living in Michigan for such a long time, I was happy when I got to move out and into a place of my own. I moved out of the rented apartment quickly with the help of my family. During my whole journey, I kept thinking about my relationship with that brainless git. I couldn't find the words to express my grief, but a single tear rolling down my cheek spoke for me.

Reaching my childhood home, I went to my old bedroom and shut the door behind me. I was completely overwhelmed with my feelings and the pain from my injury. The reason I moved out quickly was that, at that very moment, when I caught him cheating on me, he slapped and punched my spine violently. Now I am unable to walk, sit, or lie down properly. I think back to the time when I first laid eyes on him and wish I had never done it.

For a few days, I didn't talk much but kept to myself and recovered from the injury. I blocked my ex-boyfriend from all social media platforms and removed his phone number and email address. I removed his photos and text messages from my mobile phone. completely deleted, as if he never existed at all.

After my body healed from the blinding pain that was bearable, I decided to study and pursue my Masters. I enrolled in college and paid off the fees with my savings. I looked forward to having a fresh start.

Sitting patiently for math class to begin made me phase out in my dream world, but a sudden movement behind me caused me to jerk back to reality. The whiff of his perfume made me go crazy and hungry for more. I could smell the delicious woody and spicy fragrance on him, but in my excitement to turn and look at that stranger, I suddenly threw out my back, and a severe pain gripped my back. all because of my jerk ex-boyfriend, who punched my spinal cord five times with full force just a week ago. I screamed and started sobbing because the pain was unbearable. A soft and soothing voice enveloped my hearing senses, murmuring all the sweet things to me that you would normally expect in this particular situation. One can only hope.

"Hey, calm down!" It's ok. "C'mon now, get up, and let's go to the doctor," he insisted. He gently lifted me from my chair, half hugging my body, and took all of my body weight upon himself. Leaning heavily on him, together we went to visit the doctor.

My math teacher came and gave an excuse to me and the unknown boy for visiting the doctor; he held my hand as we went down in the elevator. I was nearly blinded by the searing pain in my back, and then everything went blank.

"She is twitching her fingers!" exclaimed a woman not far from me.

"Call the doctor immediately in room 109!" " Go!" A nurse placed an urgent order.

"What happened? Mom, dad.... oh!" I groaned as the pain drilled all over my body.

A firm hand made me lie down and check my temperature, and then slightly turned me to touch my waist.

"OK. "Miss Safina, please tell me if the place I am touching is causing pain or not," asked the doctor, and when he touched the damaged part, I screamed like a banshee.

"Calm down. I apologize for it." "Please take a deep breath," the doctor said quietly, instructing me to remain silent while he injected some fluid into my body. That is where I fell deeply asleep in a lonely, dark world.