Hungry for Lunch?

Starting up his car, Gabriel drove towards the exit gate, where he didn't have to wait. Security guards posted there had opened the gate a few minutes earlier. With ease, Gabriel sped off and turned back to glance at the guaguard's eyes. They let out a few breaths of relief, and some wiped off the sweat from their foreheads. Admittedly, the whole situation back there was extremely peculiar, and Gabriel chose to ignore me. Perfect gentleman! Isn't he?!

Internally rolling my eyes at Gabriel, I faced my side of the passenger window and absentmindedly watched different buildings away. Although I didn't have to wait much, the restaurant signage was clearly visible. Parking under, Gabriel got out of his car first, then again walked to my side and opened the door. My eyes went to his handsome face, which was devoid of emotion. I gulped a good amount of air and wrapped my hands around his strapping ones.

Upon entering the restaurant, all eyes were on us. I felt myself blushing over chicks and ignored the curious looks of unknown people. Gabriel, on the other hand, was perfectly composed and calmly walked in to book us a table. Thankfully, we didn't have to wait much, and we were given perfect seats. Thick menus were placed on the table along with two glasses of cold water, and I conveniently buried my face in the menu.

'Are you feeling alright?" Is there some issue with this place? Gabriel's baritone voice was heavily dipped with concern.

Lowering the restaurant menu, I scanned Gabriel's perfectly sculpted face. I hoped for insincerity, yet surprisingly, his worry for me was genuine.

'Yes. I think so. It is quite weird having so many eyes on us at once. I was never a big fan of Limelight. I spoke hesitantly, not sure why I was considering his feelings.

Surveying his surroundings, a small smile formed on Gabriel's kissable pink lips, but he didn't comment on it. Great! I hate being left hanging. Why does he choose to keep me in the dark? This question irks me, which makes me feel that I will soon burst into anger and turn into the Hulk. A raging green monster who just goes on smashing everything in his path.

'Well? I am waiting for a reply or comment.' Patience is one quality that has been missing in my nature. I would like to share with you one secret about myself. When I have to plot revenge at that time, I have patience rivaling that of a monk.

'Reply on what, Fins?" Relaxing on the chair, Gabriel asked me coolly, even though his face was cracking with laughter.

'You know exactly..." My sentence was interrupted by the restaurant manager. Geez! A girl can never have a break.

'Could I interest you in the specials or do you have any preferences?" I apologize for interrupting the conversation.' The manager said politely and again liked the security guards, his face burning bright with shame and fear.

'Yes -.' I began speaking, but Gabriel spoke over me by dominating this platform too.

'No. You didn't disrupt anything here.' Gabriel informed the manager, except he was smirking at me. That man, even though his food is extremely mouthwatering, is pure evil.

'Alright. Shall I bring today's special or any preferences? The anxious man repeated his previous dialogue.

'Just bring the specials and something refreshing to drink. Thank you.' Gabriel replied to him brusquely, and the next second, he focused his attention on me.

The manager excused himself and hurried towards the kitchen for our orders. Sliding his elbows on the table, Gabriel folded his hands under his stubbled chin and kept staring at me. Obviously, like a newlywed bride, she began blushing under his scrutiny.

'You are a cruel man. A pure form of evil. If I am not wrong, then you might be Satan in human disguise.' I spit out my anger because he is well aware of his effects on me.

Laughing heartily, Gabriel caught my hands and placed soft kisses on my knuckles. I began to turn into a puddle under his influence. He might have a multi-personality disorder, and that is the only reasonable explanation for his sudden mood swings.

'Will you excuse me for a moment?" I need to use the restroom.' Gently letting go of my hands, Gabriel stood up from the chair and went in the direction of the washroom.

I was lost in thoughts about Gabriel and didn't notice a man standing next to my table. Lifting my head slightly, I peered at him and waited for him to say something. The man was not bad-looking, but despite his nice build, there was something about him that made my skin crawl with fear. I lifted my left eyebrow, signaling him to get on with it.

'I am sorry for imposing on your lunchtime, but I couldn't help but notice that you are very beautiful. How foolish of me! Where are my manners? My name is Grant. What is yours?' Grinning with all his white teeth, he extended his hand for me to shake.

'Um. Thanks for the compliment. Would you excuse me? As I am here with someone.' Ignoring his hand, I muster up all the courage and try to get rid of him gently. I hate the fact that he causes my scalp to itch and causes rapid goosebumps to pop on my skin.

'Oh, come on!" Why being coy with me? Let's ditch this place, and we could order at my place. Grant egged me on while he stood a few inches away and caged me by placing one hand on my chair and the other on the table.

'I am warning you to leave me alone." Getting pissed by passing second, I am done being a trapped bird under the claws of a hungry cat.

'Stop –.' He stopped talking midway as he was thrown a few feet away from me and slammed against the chairs.

Flabbergasted, I was too shocked to utter any sound. A hand gripped my shoulder, and I let out a series of shrieks like a banshee. Slapping my hand on the mouth, I twisted my body to see to whom the hand belonged, and out of nowhere, I felt a sense of calmness taking over. Gabriel, in a protective stance, with his green eyes burning in rage, stood between me and pushy Grant.

'Are you alright? Did he touch you or harm you in any manner?' Gabriel asked me as his voice was filled with anger and annoyance.

'Yes. Everything is fine. Just that idiot man couldn't take no for an answer.' I replied immediately, although I fear that Gabriel will kill him if I describe my feelings more.

'I will bloody fuck his soul out of that wretched body! No one can lay a finger on you. You are mine and mine only.' Gabriel yelled; his whole posture was tense, and he wore a murderous expression on his face. Something switched in him, and it is difficult for me to explain. His brilliant green eyes were extremely dark and could easily pass for black, and for the first time in my life, I was terrified. This is no man, but a monster.

Ready to pounce and rip Grant apart, Gabriel, in one swift move, clutched Grant's neck and choked him in full force. I didn't have enough time to grasp his speedy walk, so I hurried to Gabriel and tried to stop killing Grant. Although, in the back of his mind, there was a lingering thought of him being a bloodsucking vampire, I am starting to lose my mind. A vampire is a mythical creature that is not real. Still, one can argue against it. What is real? Grant's piercing screaming interrupted my mental rant and brought me to a scary reality.

'Gabriel, please let go of him. Please. I beg you. Gabriel!' I cried out while desperately tugging his hands away from Grant's throat. Eventually, it worked. He snapped his head to me when I yelled his name, and Gabriel instantly removed his hands.

'I want this man to be kicked out of this restaurant." Now!' Gabriel hollered at the gaping mouths of the manager and waiters.

'Yes. Mr. Slade!' They all chorused the same sentence and dragged Grant's unconscious body from the dining room.

'Shall we dig in?" I hope you are as famished as I am at this moment. In his usual deep tone, Gabriel said while he dragged my chair away from the table so I could take my seat and begin eating the food.