xx| 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎 |xx

The green and brown of trees blurred as we whizzed down the highway. A robotic voice droned in my ears, force-feeding me information about WAOIC headquarters. The agency had a special program that transcribed any written text into an audio file. I had listened to stories from people who had been released from their prisons and anonymous informers. Their information was quite limited, mostly confirming what the Director already told us.

My eyes focused on a sign saying 'Welcome to Siren' in the distance. I turned off the audio files I had been listening to just as Finn announced,

"Now arriving in Siren, Wisconsin."

"Thank goodness," Dari said. "I'm getting some major cramps in my legs. Why couldn't we have just flown to a closer airport instead of driving for four hours? We would have gotten here much faster."

"We have good rapport with the Appleton International Airport. We also need to trust the people who will be watching our specially commissioned plane. Oh, and they gave us a rental car," Finn explained.

"Alright, focus guys," I said. "It's four fifty-two in the afternoon. We need to go to the two Italian restaurants here. We need to arrive early, just in case Agent Fox arrives early as well. I provided each of you a picture of Agent Fox in your mission files, so you all know what she looks like. But she might be in disguise. Make sure you carefully observe every single person who enters the restaurant."

"Ay, ay, captain!" Ty said.

I nearly glared at him. I was not in a joking mood.

"One restaurant is an all out Italian restaurant, the other is a pizzeria. Which group wants to take which restaurant?"

"We'll take the Italian restaurant," Finn said. "Dari, Jef, are you good with that?"

"Yeah, I could definitely go for some pasta," Dari said.

"Same," Jef replied. "Traveling makes me hungry."

"We'll take the pizzeria then," I said. "The last thing we need to cover is our disguises. Ty, you said that you have the suitcase in the back of the car?"

"Yup, it has everything we'll need."

"Okay. Finn, first take us to our hotel. We'll check into the hotel and change into our disguises, then head to the restaurants."

"Sounds good," Ty said.

"Yup," Finn agreed.

He turned onto an exit, taking us off the highway. The car slowed to a halt in front of a traffic light. Shops lined the road, green grass and trees filling in any empty space. It was a nice touch from mother-nature, bringing life into the town.

Finn drove along the two-lane road until we came to the Motel Six. Finn pulled into the parking lot, driving up to the front of the building.

"I'll let you out here," he said. "I'll park the car."

"Thanks," Ty said. The others hopped out of the car right away, but I hesitated.

Is he the double agent, planning to contact WAOIC while we go inside?

I pulled my mini recorder from my belt, pressed the 'on' button, and dropped it in the panel on the car door. If he had a secret conversation with WAOIC, I would hear it.

 If he had a secret conversation with WAOIC, I would hear it