Run: Part 3

Warning: Cannon-typical Gore

3 months later,

Will is packing their bags. A one-way flight to Lithuanian. They had been discovered. 

While Will may have been out of his mind with encephalitis, he was still a good agent and the accusations against Hannibal raised some eyebrows. Nonetheless, lowkey tabs had been kept on his phone. Just on the back burner between cases someone would glance at them and see if anything seemed fishy. They had been staying pretty busy but Jack had found time between cases to check into the ripper case. Two bodies found a third had to show up sometime. Then, a location on Hannibal's phone matching the location of the second body. Jack finally had a lead. A lead he really didn't want to believe but the data lined up. 

Jack knocked on the front door of Hannibal's home. Hannibal opened the door in a sweater and sleep pants, "Hello, Jack. Do we have a case?"

"Actually I'm here about your whereabouts on the night of Ms. Shefield's murder," Jack said. Hannibal tilted his head, "The woman with all the flowers in her chest? I thought that was a Chesapeake Ripper kill."

"It is. I have reason to believe you were there around the time of her death. May I come in so we can hopefully clear the air?" Jack smiled all teeth. An older alpha that was no stranger to trying to get omega's to submit dominance to him. Hannibal smiled back, he knew Will would get one whiff of another alpha in their home and come to investigate. Despite the fact that Hannibal needed no alpha to protect him he did feel a bit more at ease around the more volatile alphas when his mate was around. Hannibal moved to the side allowing Jack in, "Please have a seat. I do hope we can handle this misunderstanding in a civil manner."

"Of course, of course. I just need to know why you were at the victim's house that night." 

"I was just giving a drunk woman a ride home. She seemed very lost and I wanted to ensure her safety."

"Did you go into the house at all?" Jack eyed him suspiciously. 

"Jack, A new case?" Will asked from the doorway. Hannibal perked up a little at the sound of his husband's voice. Jack snapped his head up to focus on the brunet, "No, just following up on a lead from the ripper case."

"A psychiatric lead?" Will raised an eyebrow. Jack's stance shifted, "No, actually, Hannibal is a suspect in the latest killing."

"On what grounds?"

"A cellphone GPS concordance placing him at the victim's house near the time of the murder."

"You've been tracking his location?" Will was now directly next to where Hannibal was seated. Poised to defend his family. Jack stood, "If I remember correctly you were the one accusing him of being the ripper. Is your head too full of pheromones to remember that!?"

Hannibal took a deep breath trying to ignore the urge to cower away from the angry men. Will stepped toward Jack forcing him away from Hannibal. Will grinned, "Oh sure. Wasn't that around the same time you said I was just fine? That I just needed to look. Guilting me into working in the field even after I told you I couldn't handle it. Pushing me to the point of blackouts. Waking up miles and miles from my home. But sure, listen to a sick man when it's convenient for you."

"I can see that I'm not welcome here. Dr. Lecter, we still need to talk." Jack growled putting a hand on Will's chest to create some space between them. Will snapped grabbing the offending hand and twisting it with a sickening crunch. Jack wasted no time turning it into a full-on fistfight. Hannibal stood. Run or help? Protect his child or his mate? The decision was made for him when Jack reached for his weapon. Hannibal charged the shorter man using his shoulder to force him into a wall. The gun dropped to the ground. Hannibal kicked it away. Will grabbed it as it slid and pointed it back at the offending Alpha. Hannibal backed away. Jack's chest heaved, "Put the gun down, Will. We both know you won't shoot me." 

"William wait. We can't kill him here." Hannibal pleaded. If they drove him further away and did it it would give them time to pack and go. 

-+-+-

Jack's car now rested at the bottom of the river as did Jack's body. Drowned while unconscious. Hannibal laid his head on Will's shoulder. His suit pulled tightly against his slowly growing stomach. Every ounce of energy pulled from him. Their plane boarded soon then he would have plenty of time to sleep. For now, he just needed to focus on the bandaged hand he held between his own hands. Will had defended them well. Now, all they had to do was make it onto the plane. Soon enough they would be landing back in his home country. Chiyoh would be waiting to take them back to the castle. 

"Now boarding first class"

Hannibal was quick to his feet. Will followed sluggishly after him. 

-+-+-

When they finally landed Hannibal almost cried with joy. So close to a real bed and warm fresh food. He rubbed his thumb over his small bump. They were safe. Their family was going to be okay. 

Chiyoh met them a couple of blocks away from the airport at a cafe. The woman looked over Hannibal quickly and yanked him into a tight hug forcing him to lean down so she could wrap both arms around his neck. Hannibal wrapped his arms around her in return, "It's good to see you, Chiyoh."

"It's been far too long, Hannibal," Chiyoh smiled. She finally released the taller man and looked over at the brunet standing cautiously near her childhood friend, "Kas čia?(Who is this?)"

"Mano vyras, (My husband)" Hannibal replied, "Will this is Chiyoh. Chiyoh this is Will."

"Good to meet you," Will smiled extending his hand. Chiyoh took it in a strong grip, "I am not sure I can say the same yet. But, if Hannibal believes you to be a worthy partner I'll give you the benefit out the doubt."

"Chiyoh, you can interrogate him later. For now, we should eat and get to the house," Hannibal said. Airplane food had been completely rejected by his stomach and whatever else was in his stomach was purged in his gut's rejection of the poor quality food. Chiyoh flagged down the waiter, "Of course."

-+-+-

After the meal, they put their bags in the back of the car. Hannibal climbed into the passenger seat and Chiyoh the driver's seat leaving Will to sit in the back. Will had drifted off to sleep quickly finally able to spread out a little. Chiyoh broke the silence first, "Why are you back here Hannibal?"

"They almost caught me." Simple. Didn't give away much. Chiyoh rolled her eyes, "Too much indulging not enough practice over in America?"

"What are you trying to imply?" Hannibal scoffed. Chiyoh purposefully looked at the suit jacket that looked about ready to pop open. Hannibal laughed as a wave of realization washed over him, "Oh, I am not overindulging Chiyoh. I am carrying a pup or possibly pups. I have yet to find out."

"Children? I never thought I would hear those words from Hannibal Lecter. You really decided to push your luck a bit haven't you?"  Chiyoh smirked. 

"It's a rather long story." Hannibal sighed a little annoyed by the subtle jab at his age. 

"We've got time."

-+-+-

More? Yes.