Date Rape Part 5: False Alarms

8 1/2 months pregnant,

Will and Hannibal both agreed that Will could have the baby at home. Hannibal took birthing classes, had a room set up, had all the equipment, and was absolutely prepared for when Will had the baby.

Until Will started having contractions.

Will was sitting on the couch when the first one hit. Hannibal was of at the market and Will didn't have his phone. But it stopped as abruptly as it started. Will laid there for the next hour expecting another one to hit but it never did. When Hannibal got home Will told him about it and Hannibal had a moment of absolute panic until Will told him he hadn't had another one. Hannibal sighed and told Will how it was probably just braxton-hicks contractions. Will looked at his stomach with a slight scowl and rubbed the tiny foot pushing against his insides.

-+-+-

The next time he got one was in the middle of the night which caused him to whimper in pain. Hannibal wrapped his arms around Will and messaged his tense muscles while he tried to breathe through it. After words Will buried his face in Hannibal's chest and tried to fall back asleep. And Hannibal just pulled him close, kissed the top of his head, and told him how much he loved him.

-+-+-

Usually when they'd strike Will would shift around endlessly trying to find the one spot that was comfortable and sigh when he did. Hannibal found it both adorable and suspicion raising. It was especially entertaining to watch Will scowl as the baby shifted around in his abdomen. Though, Will was definitely not complaining about the cuddles Hannibal gave him more often than not. 

-+-+-

Up next: ..."Umm... Hannibal"...