Crashing in Love

Will hates Mondays, especially in the winter. Most people drive like bigger idiots than usual or the roads are icy. Today both are true and to top it all off most people are probably hung over from Celebrating the New Year. Will spent his new years evening at Hannibal's along with Jack, Bella, Beverly, Jimmy, and the rest of the team.

At about 8 o'clock in the morning Jack called Will with a new case. Seeing as he was needed at the scene ASAP he threw on his jeans and fishing coat. On the way to the scene he had two close calls with other drivers that almost resulted in major accidents. The third car bore no such luck.

-+-+-

Will was at the stop light about 6 blocks from the crime scene. The red light just turned green so he proceeded across but, about half way across a small sports car came speeding along and when the drive noticed the red light he tried to slam the brakes. The small car slid right into Will's driver side. Will was knocked unconscious by the force of the crash.

Both cars were totaled and Will was seriously injured. When Will regained consciousness he was hit by an intense wave of pain. He used his working hand to find his phone and call Hannibal.

-+-+-

Hannibal woke up at his usual time and did his usual morning routine. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. His first appointment was at 8 am which was canceled due to his client being on holiday. Hannibal was sitting around enjoying the morning comics in the paper when he got a phone call. 'Will, I wonder what hideous murder awaits us today', Hannibal chuckled before picking up the phone.

"Hello?" Hannibal didn't feel the need to display his usual etiquette with Will.

"H- Hannibal... I need you to come get me." Will's words were slightly muffled by his pained breathing.

"Is everything okay Will? You sound terrible." Hannibal was genuinely concerned about Will, seeing as Will is his one and only friend.

"No. I'll text you my location. Just please be quick." With that Will hung up. Hannibal quickly grabbed his coat and keys to his car, typed the location given into his GPS and was on his way.

Once Hannibal got close he noticed the back up of traffic and navigated a couple alley ways to avoid it. Only when he pulled out on to the main road  did he notice the wreckage. By then the owner of the Sports car was being driven to the hospital by EMTs and firemen were trying to move the other car to get to Will's driver side. Hannibal got out of his car quickly and was running over to the wreckage to try and help. Some one had contacted Jack and his team and they had taken over the scene -Jack had insisted that they handled it because it was one of there own agents- so, Hannibal had no problems getting to Will. Hannibal opened Will's passenger side door and immediately saw Will in the front seat with many large gashes and, the older man guessed, a few broken bones.

"Will? Will!" Hannibal yelled over the sirens.

"Hannibal?" Will looked over at Hannibal and made a miniscule smirk before his face returned to a grimace of pain.

"I'm going to need you to help me get you out of your seat Will. Got it?" Hannibal said as he leaned over the center console to remove Will's seat belt. Will made a small nod.

"Good," Hannibal gave Will a reassuring smile, "I need you to put you arms around my shoulders. Can you do that?"

Will reached an arm around Hannibal and Hannibal grabbed Will's other arm and brought it up to his shoulder.

"This is gonna hurt, alot. You ready?" Hannibal asked as he adjusted his grip. Will nodded into the doctor's shoulder. Hannibal lifted Will up and into the passenger seat as Will bit back a scream. He gave Will a moment to catch his breath then got him out of the car completely.