⚜️Chapter 9⚜️

"You look terrible." Lucy gave a sloppy comment, I didn't bother to look at her. I threw my bag and shoes next to my closet and approached the bed.

"I feel terrible." I dropped my body on the mattress and buried my face in the pillow. Worst night of my life.

"Want some pizza? I bought enough for the both of us." Lucy mentioned casually.

Is she being nice to me? Or is this some sort of illusion?

I sat up and just stared at her. She had the box of pizza right next to her on the bed as she chewed on a slice.

"What are you waiting for? Jesus?" She eyed me. "Come over here."

"I'm not hungry." I lied. Lucy has never offered me anything before, so this is just weird.

"Seriously? It's not poisoned okay, you can have some. I can't finish this on my own so stop being such a wuss." She rolled her very large blue pretty eyes and took a bite out of the slice to prove her point.

May be I could really use some of that food. It's a great stress reliever or so I've heard.

I moved to sit beside her by the bed.

"Oh! Its really good." I confessed after one bite. "Where do they make this?"

"I got that from Elgin. They have the best pizzas in New York." She grinned.

Never heard of it.

"So why are you home early? Shouldn't you be at some damn party?" I chewed on the delicious cheesy food. I love pepperoni in pizza, who doesn't?

Lucy sighed.

"I wish I was at a party but my Mom is back in town from a business trip in Seoul and she wants to pay me a visit sometime this week. I'm trying to be at my best for when she sees me." She frowned.

"She's so annoying sometime." She folded her hands. "Don't get me wrong, I love my mother, but she is just a little too much. If she wants to see me, I could just drop by at home. But then she instists on coming over here ."

I should have known. This sneaky little brat.

"So that's why you're being very nice to me? You want to get on my goodside so I can keep this place all cleaned up. Unbelievable!" I glared at her.

She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Don't flatter yourself Betty. I can do my own cleaning." She waved her hand.

Oh! Then why don't you ever bother yourself to do it?

"Good." I resumed eating.

"Now you tell me, why is it that you arrive so damn late these days while dressed like that?" She pointed at my outfit. "I mean it looks cool and all but it's not your style. And tonight you look worse than usual?" She added. "And is that a swollen ankle?"

It hurts badly. "I'm not used to heels, I tripped and fell."

"Let's get that foot checked out." She advised.

"WHOA! Does cute little Lucy care about me?" I teased.

"Fine, you can die for all I care." She grabbed a slice and ate it.

I sighed heavily and placed my palms on my face.

"I'm just curious, that outfit got me thinking you're now working at a night club."

If only she knew. I leaned on the wall and frowned. I took off the damn wig and tossed it on my bed.

"This night was so horrible. I don't even know where to start." I looked at her.