⚜️ Chapter 31⚜️

ELIZABETH WILSON'S POV

I didn't anticipate it, atleast not intentionally. I hate mirrors, it was a big mistake on my part. But that's what got me to this point. Where my senses aren't working with me anymore. It feels like this isn't my mind. Like I don't have control.

I try opening my eyes, but they don't budge. My eyelids feel heavy and my body sore. I know exactly where I am, the smell of this place is so clear. His cologne everywhere.

Earlier this morning I went through something. It's strange how stuff can take a ninety degree turn in a matter of second. I was so scared, but most of all, I felt like wanting to die. I've never felt that way before. Not even in the past when I was an object of bullying and slander. This time it was so different.

The only thing I wanted was for everything to stop. For the pain to stop. And the preying agony, and the suffocating grief. Never before has such a wave hit me. I remember calling out for him. Wanting him to make the voices stop but he wasn't there.

If tears could be borrowed, I'd be bankrupt. I recall Lucy screaming my name. Asking what the heck is happening to me, but I wasn't sure if it was really her or the images.

I used to think it couldn't get any worse than this. That the voices are the only things coming out of my mistakes. But when I saw them, when I witnessed those voices turning into people, I knew from that moment I was loosing my mind.

And that was my undoing.

________

Lucy wasn't there when I woke up. I knew she hadn't left campus because her bag and laptop lay on her bed. Either she went to have breakfast or to deal with something for a short while.

I took that as an opportunity to freshen up.

My body was still in pain from the beating I endured yesterday from Merissa and Emily. I had visible bruises and some of the wounds began to bleed again.

I needed to do things fast. Lucy finding me in such a condition wouldn't be any good.

I got off bed and limped to the bathroom. Lucy left the lights on. It was already bright day, probably nine o'clock in the morning. She gets forgetful sometimes and who can blame her? College is tough as it is and you can't deal with everything at times.

Little things tend to skip your mind before you can notice them.

"Damn that hurt." I cursed when I accidentally tripped on my feet and fell down on my side. My ribs were sore thus the aching pain.

After recollecting myself, I went into the bathroom. I opened the door slowly and shut it behind me.

I needed the kit.

Bandaging the wounds again was the first thing in mind.

I avoided looking at the mirror as I approached the drawer. I knew my face would scare me. It ached the most which means it got the heaviest blows. My right eye was still shut closed. Water dripped from it and I really didn't want to touch it.

But I needed to atleast wash my face.

I reached for the kit at the shelf and sat on the toilet seat. It took me atleast fifteen minutes to finish treating the bruises and cuts.

The tap water was cold. I bend down and splashed the freezy liquid on my face. It stung a bit but it was tolerable.

After washing my face, I grabbed a towel and wiped myself dry slowly, careful with the injures.

Then per usual, I glanced at the mirror. It was a risky move.

I gasped in shock the moment I saw my reflection. I couldn't recognize myself. The only thing that remained the same was my bright green blue left eye.