🔑Chapter 39🔑

CALLUM STEVENSON'S POV

"What the hell's wrong with you?" Samuel yelled in my ears. "That's the fifth chick you turned down tonight."

I shrugged dismissively.

Dropping by the club with Samuel seemed like a thrilling idea up until it wasn't. I'm not looking to get laid, not in the mood for anything else but drowning myself in alcohol.

May be then I can finally get rid of Elisabeth's image from my head.

I chugged the whiskey harshly. "Not interested." I replied.

"Are you planning to finish all that?" He gave my shoulder a weightless punch as he stared at the whiskey bottle in my hand.

"That's why I bought it." I pressed the bottle on my lips allowing the strong drink to flow down my throat. "And it's not my last one incase you're wondering."

"Shit man." Samuel chuckled. "I've never seen you like this." He commented.

I waved him off. "First time for everything."

We leaned on the bar counter as our eyes gazed the dance floor flooded with people.

"Check that out." Samuel exclaimed then whistled with a high pitch. "Damn that girl's hot." He yelled over the loud music.

In the middle of the disco lights, a blonde with the tiniest blue dress and hourglass figure danced sensually. Everything about her screamed sex.

If I wasn't feeling so fucked up then I would've stared at her like half the hungry crowd of sweaty bodies.

"I'm taking this girl home with me." Samuel announced confidently.

I scoffed.

Why aren't I surprised? I hate cheating, and Samuel has a girlfriend.

Suddenly I'm reminded of James. The person I considered a loyal bestfriend goes behind my back and seduces my girlfriend to sleep with him. Twice.

I downed the whiskey bottle instantly upon the memory and proceeded to grab another.

"Slow down on the drinks Callum." Samuel snatched the bottle from my hand.

"Hand it over." I stretched my hand out, bored.

He eyed me hesitantly. "You're acting weird." Samuel handed back the drink.

I swallowed on the burning liquor.

He raised his hands in surrender. Typical.

"Watch me steal that girl's night." Samuel walked to the crowd approaching the sexy blonde.

I shifted my attention on the drinks.

"It's been a while Callum." Emily's soft body sidled on me. Her hips swaying seductively on my lower region in attempts to grind on me.

Where's she even coming from?

I have niether patience nor time for this or anything else right now aside from forgetting Betty existed.

How did Elisabeth manage to turn me into this ? In the shortest amount of time. Was it her effortlessly perfect smile or daring eyes?

Guess I've been exploited.

"Did you miss me?" She reeked of expensive shots.

"Emily. How's it going?" I faked interest. It encouraged her to keep grabbing onto me.

Ugh, I better leave.

She shifted her body so her breasts were connected to my chest. I quickly glanced at her cleavage. Her full breast were staring at me. Must be the reason why men can't get enough of her.

Honestly, Emily looked great. If only it was a different face on that body then I'd probably be interested. Why can't I shake Elisabeth cheating Wilson's face out of my mind?

The look she gave me when James revealed everything to her is stuck with me. Betty was crushed, and it stung my chest to witness her so torn apart.

But I was beyond angry to clarify anything. Lying to Lucy was appealing to me. Told her I went along with the bet and that's the only reason I dated Lisa.

I could never do that to Elisabeth. Even if I was possessed or lost my mind. That's the last thing I'd ever do to her. To anyone.

Betty wasn't a distraction, or a tool used to help me forget about Christine. I genuinely cared for Elisabeth. Nothing of what James insinuated is true.

I knew Lucy wouldn't waste the opportunity to discredit me by telling Lisa everything I feed to her. At first, I wanted Betty to feel the pain of betrayal that I felt when I found out she slept with James. That's the reason I lied to Lucy that night.

But I regret it now.

Because Elisabeth's gone as a result.

May be, I'm not absolutely sure but 'I think I actually Loved that girl.'

And as much as I want to blame James for her leaving, I know it's my fault. The second James mentioned his assumptions, Betty broke.

I caused this. And no amount of whiskey and taquila is going to wipe away the memory of what I've done.

"Hey, baby." Emily wrapped her arms around my shoulder, maneuvering me ever closer to her. "You wanna ditch this place and come with me." She suggested.

Enough of this.

"Yes." I confessed. "But I'm leaving alone." I removed her arms from me.

She frowned but held my hand desperately.

"Come on Callum. I'll show you a good time." Emily was persistent. As usual.

I placed the half filled whiskey bottle by the bar.

"Emily. I can lie and say I want you and what you have to offer, but we both know that's not true." I told her seriously. "So if you don't mind, get out of my way."

Emily was upset but tried her best not to show. Her features remained soft but her brown eyes gave her away.

"You're turning me down because of that Slut. Right?" She folded her thin arms.

"Don't call her that." I warned.

She gave a bitter laugh.

"But its the truth." Emily ranted. "Betty opened her cheap legs for James to dive into while she was dating you. I'm trying to decide who's more pathetic. Is it Elisabeth or you for still obsessing over that traitor?"

"I'd shut up if I were you." I pointed at her face.

How does she even know about what Elisabeth did? Has she been spying on us?

She slapped my hand away.

"What the fuck is wrong with you guys?" Her voice cracked. "First it was James dumping Merissa for that bitch. And now its you clinging onto a woman who'll never love you back. What does she have that the rest of us don't?"

Dignity. Well I thought she had that, now I'm not sure anymore.

I ignored most of Emily's words.

"Try to be less desperate." I replied. "And reduce the number of men you fuck on the daily." I advised.

"Fuck you." She cursed failing to keep her calm.

"Too bad you haven't." I began to walk away.

"Beating up that shameless brat felt amazing just to inform. She deserved every damn bruise we left on her disgusting body." She yelled out, wiping her tears that I didn't notice fell.

What the fuck did she just say?

__________

Any thoughts??

May good luck find you.

-Lynn.