Chapter 14

We returned back to the Noble Ferid's mansion and things went back to exactly the way they were before. I shouldn't be surprised, honestly.

     Mika went back to assisting Ferid and only interacting with me when he needed to. Ferid checked up on me more frequently now, making sure I was still alive and junk.

     I went back to being bored, lonely and depressed. As bad as it sounds, getting kidnapped a second time was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had since...

     Well, you know the story.

     The only people I see now are Lord Ferid and Mika. How does this giant place stay so clean all the time when they are the only two people I've seen around here?

     •••

     I laid back in my giant bed and stared at the ceiling. Another morning of waking up and doing absolutely jack shit.

     And every morning, exactly five minutes after I've woken up, Mika comes in with a new outfit for the day.

     I checked the clock beside me.

     7:48 a.m.

     Ten.. Nine.. Eight.. Seven...

     I sat up in bed and waited, looking at the door expectantly.

     Two.. One.

     Then, right on que: knock knock

     "Come in," I said loudly.

     Opening the door, Mika entered, carrying another mannequin with a baby blue and white dress that was way too feminine and gaudy for my taste.

I rolled my eyes at it.

"Does Lord Ferid know that I'm an actual human and not a dress-up doll?"

Mika didn't say anything as he put the mannequin down and pulled out the shoes, which were even worse.

     "Oh come on. I won't even be able to walk in those Mika!" I whined dramatically.

     "You wear these kinds of shoes every day," he murmured, as if to himself.